Quaker State Advanced Durability Green Bottle

Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy
Any long term users out there>? What has been your experience with this oil?

It's made by SOPUS, the same company that makes the super-uber-special-fanboy-favorite Pennzoil Ultra, so it has to be better than average. Any of these GF-5/SN oils are good. Just pick the bottle you think is purty, and don't worry about it.

A.K.A. QSGB

Yes, very good conventional(dino) motor oil. I bought a nice stash of this oil not long ago and am reall likeing it. Nice quiet engine, keeps the engine clean and a very good price.
Using QSGB in my '04 Altima 2.5S and it's certainly quiet(er) with this oil than with many others though, none are too bad.

Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy
Any long term users out there>? What has been your experience with this oil?

Excellent oil that should hold up for at least 5000 mile OCIs,

I'm currently running a fill out to 7k after having it checked at 5.5k and seeing that all was well.

I'll be running my next fill of QSGB out to 7-7500miles too and will do another UOA at the end to see how things are going.

I have been using QSGB in my truck for 2 or 3 years now. It does a fine job, engine does run quiet and smooth, noticeably more so than when I used Valvoline and/or Napa/Carquest brand oil. Truck burns about half a quart in 2500 miles. QS is a very good oil, you can use it with complete confidence. Another good thing about QS is it is almost always on sale or on an oil/filter deal somewhere. Fairly cheap at Walmart too, $3.44/quart, even cheaper if you buy the 5 quart jug.

It is a very good oil. You could use it in either of your vehicles for the factory recommended OCI and your engines would run into the next decade without any oil related failures.

Good value priced oil, I will be running it soon in fact hard to resist it on sale.

Not sure what you didn't like about that UOA DuckRyder, all you wear numbers were under the universal average, oil was still in grade and TBN was still good.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

Not sure what you didn't like about that UOA DuckRyder, ...

There wasn't anything i didn't like, I did think the TBN would be a bit higher, but the oil served well and it was cheap. I wouldn't be comfortable running it for 7500 miles as someone suggested...

I just did not see anything that distinguished it...

Not to go off topic too far but the only reason that I ran the UOA was because it was one of the few times I know exactly what was in it, it is normally dealer serviced with whatever the bulk oil in the oil change special is and a Delco Filter.

I know of a 2001 Jeep 4.0 that ran with less than 2 quarts of QSGreen Bottle 10w-30 for around 4,000 miles. Thats not even 1/3 of total sump capacity. Oil pump pickup screen was probably just barely in oil. You would Never know until this Day.

I run it in my wifes Focus and daughters Taurus @ 5000 mile OCIs. I buy it on sale @ Menards for $2.50/qt. I have no complaints but have never ran a UOA to see what's going on. Both cars run fine and make no unusual noises.

I've used it for many, many years, particularly in the taxi fleet, and long before any merger with Pennzoil or Shell. One taxi went 1,000,000 km before retirement, with OCIs of 10,000 km. Each oil change was with QS 10w-30.

I've used a few times here and there when it went on sale for a good price. I liked it, seemed to work good the cars ran quiet and smooth. I would use it more but I've been running valvoline for so long with no problems I don't see any real reason to switch.

My grandpa used to run it. I remeber the round plastic bottles with the spiffy vent neck. After he died I used up his stash in his old tractor and various lawn mowers.

QSGB is a good dino oil, but I can find the Ultimate Durability (synthetic) on sale so often that I usually just opt for that instead.

No issues running it here, you'll be fine with it!

Just visited the QS site. Very impressed that they recommended this "Advanced Durability" 10w-30 for my car as opposed to the more expensive High Mileage "Defy". Way 2 go QS...No b/s.

Walmart's got a deal online whereas if you buy the 5-qt jug of "Advanced Durability" 10w-30 with the 5w-30...you get the two for $26. I bought two sets for a grand total of $56 w/FREE ship...That's a grand total of 20 qts. OUTSTANDING! Been using Pennzoil HM stuff but gotta give this a try on my car. Probably gonna flush engine w/Motor Medic Engine Flush and change the oil pan gasket on my Chrysler Sebring 2.5L.

Gonna do this OC probably in April with K&N PS-2004 "Advanced" oil filter. But wow...what a deal! Looks like I got my Winter and Summer OCs set for the next 2 years.
cool.gif

I am convinced that QSAD 20W-50 and Liqui-Moly MoS2 may be the greatest combo for an old engine in the history of mankind.

Now for a less biased piece of information, I've been using QSAD for four years, and it's an excellent oil and a great value.

Back