Hankook Ventus V2 Concept H437 anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A freind of mine @ work, has a 2012 Elantra, and the factory Hankook optimo runflats are nearly, if not beyond, legally bald (50k-ish mi)
Farmers almanac says we are going to have a bad winter, esp in november, so as a friendly gesture, i'm looking around for inexpensive tires, that are at least better than what she has on the car now.
her current tires are darn near slicks @ this point.
on discount tire's website, i find these:
Discount tire - Hankook Ventus V2 Concept H437 in her size, for $41 each. (or $258.95 "out the door" w/o certs)

now, that is in the Columbus Market, which is 100mi away, but she is down there often visiting relatives(and is trying to save up to move down there)

There was one review from an elantra owner, but they were in Miami,Fl. no winter data.
anyone have experience with these tires in icy/snowy weather? esp with a vehicle of similar size and weight?

...and before, anyone says it, no, i'm not buying them for her, nor is this an attempt to get into her pants. (Just planning to print out the page, which shows the info, total price, and where is shows that the price will be honored for 30 days)

If Money wasn't as much of an issue for her, i would suggest the Pirelli P4's i have on my car without a second thought, but they were coming to $110/tire in her size.

Last edited:
I like the tire but I don't run them in the winter, sorry. I will say they don't seem to have as good of off the line wet traction as the Hankook V4. I don't know how that would translate to snow but I would doubt it can be favorable. The V4 I did have on the G6 for a winter and it was respectable in my opinion especially for a performance all-season. I know up here they are priced pretty closely.

looking around a little further, on discounttire.com, they also have the Hankook Ventus HRII H405 for the same price.

while no elantra owner reviews, the reviewers from wintry areas, seem to give it a decent winter score.....

hrm...

Last edited:
Check out Falken Ziex tires well rated for mid grade tire just put on set 1mo ago on Mazda 3 in 17" variety..a bit pricier than hankook I believe but quiet sticky tires for price from discount tire $85 each.

Someone from Michigan barked about the lousy snow traction on if you read the reviews to the link you provided.

I have the Ventus V2's in 205-55-16 H rated for a year now. 12k miles on them. Very good all around tire in the warmer months and I like them in the rain. For the price they can't be beat and are certainly safer than what she has now. These are on my 05 Toyota Matrix. They are average at best in the snow and ice. A little disappointed in that area. However, I never spun out with them and they are certainly better than the worn out oem Continentals I replaced with 58k miles on those.

These tires are directional. If I can get 40k miles out of them I'll be happy. I'm in the Cleveland area so I went through DTD who price matched DT. Had to talk to a manager and send him the link to his email. I paid $240(includes OH sales tax) - $100 rebate during the labor day sale. Installed at Walmart for $60 = $206 after taxes and even tire disposal. Free lifetime rotations and balance.

These tires are priced at $85 on DTD before discounts. Tread wear on the other Hankooks you linked are 340 compared to 500 on the Ventus V2s.

I'd be willing to ship them. They are Continental Contiprocontacts with 15,000 miles on them (they are a 60,000 mile rated tire). The normal price on them tirerack brand new is $113. I feel that maybe $50 per tire is fair, plus $60 shipping via fedex (per what their website is saying anyway)(I'm willing to negotiate, I don't know what used tires normally go for) $113 per tire on TR.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...romCompare1=yes

That would be 4x $50 +60 so total of $260.

If this sounds fair, or if you'd like to negotiate, feel free. If anyone also wants to set me straight on what a fair price might be, please say so. I am not familiar with selling used tires so I don't know what a fair price would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back