Getting off hard water spots on windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a truck that had a camper shell on it and when I took it off, the rear window is a mess of hard water spots. I tried all the different window cleaners and some quick detail spray but they are still there. I have never had spots this bad on a window and was hoping somebody might have a good cleaner or polish that would work.

I thought about maybe a paint cleaner type wax might work? The last thing I want to do is scratch it up!

Yes , white vinegar solution , about 5-1 or stronger if really bad . Newspaper works best with vinegar too but paper towel or terry cloth is OK too .

Thank you everyone! I did the vinegar and water idea since I had what I needed at home and it took a little scrubbing, but worked great!

Originally Posted By: morepwr
Thank you everyone! I did the vinegar and water idea since I had what I needed at home and it took a little scrubbing, but worked great!

Vinegar is a good multi-purpose cleaner. I have used it straight to cut through some really nasty stuff on windows before.

One of the best things for removing the most stubborn stains on glass is steel wool, get the extra fine stuff 0000. Combine steel wool and vinegar and you'll get all hard water spots and bonded contaminants off guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back