Cruze Diesel hitting dealer lots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jeepman3071

Exactly. The corporations are telling us what to buy. How can they see if there is enough demand for a vehicle if it is not even offered in the US?

Lol, this reminds me of a quote by Henry Ford.

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

Originally Posted By: D189379

Exactly. The corporations are telling us what to buy. How can they see if there is enough demand for a vehicle if it is not even offered in the US?

Lol, this reminds me of a quote by Henry Ford.

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

Great quote

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
I have been following this thread and I am still not going to buy a diesel car. After the 02 Jetta TDI, I just won't trust one unless it a Duramax in truck or Cummins in a truck and I am not sure I want one of those either.

The Jetta was just a very bad experinece, in addition to the normal VW problems it had, the diesel problems sucked. 2 sets of injectors, 1 set glow plugs, 2 glow plug wiring harnesses and intake/EGR cooler carbon build up issues.

I am sure it is fixed by now but the cost savings in MPG was not enough for me to risk getting another diesel.

I wouldn't even touch a new diesel truck with a 10 foot pole. Trucks with bad DEF sensors that prevent the truck from going over 30 mph? Trucks that cost 70 grand new and get worse mpg than gas trucks? Fuel pumps that aren't covered by warranty and cost $10,000 to fix?

There's no benefit of diesel trucks over gas at this point in time.

I would not own any post-2007 diesel if you GAVE it to me. It's just not worth it anymore...diesel power has jumped the shark.

I wonder if the Cruze uses the Bosch CP4 series pump...I hope not!

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
I have been following this thread and I am still not going to buy a diesel car. After the 02 Jetta TDI, I just won't trust one unless it a Duramax in truck or Cummins in a truck and I am not sure I want one of those either.

The Jetta was just a very bad experinece, in addition to the normal VW problems it had, the diesel problems sucked. 2 sets of injectors, 1 set glow plugs, 2 glow plug wiring harnesses and intake/EGR cooler carbon build up issues.

I am sure it is fixed by now but the cost savings in MPG was not enough for me to risk getting another diesel.

I wouldn't even touch a new diesel truck with a 10 foot pole. Trucks with bad DEF sensors that prevent the truck from going over 30 mph? Trucks that cost 70 grand new and get worse mpg than gas trucks? Fuel pumps that aren't covered by warranty and cost $10,000 to fix?

There's no benefit of diesel trucks over gas at this point in time.

I would not own any post-2007 diesel if you GAVE it to me. It's just not worth it anymore...diesel power has jumped the shark.

I would entertain a 5 speed 12/24 valve Cummins, 7.3 Ford.
or a 01-03 or 06 07 LBZ DMAX.
Other than that my good ole 6.0 Gasser gets the job done.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

It does not. It is like the earlier style used in Duramaxes. Hopefully they are more reliable, though any diesel I own gets Power Service for lubricity now with ULSD at the pumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back