2012 T&C Service Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to get a service manual for the van. I see I can get one from TechAuthority for $135, which I'm quite surprised about (thought it would be a lot more).

Anyone know where I could find one for less than that? eBay has turned up only a $300 one for the 2012.

Thanks

Did you check with Helm Publications? They publish the Ford manuals, I think I saw Chrysler on the list also.

That being said service manuals are going the way of the dinosaur. We don't get paper ones at the dealer any longer because they can be accessed online and the paper ones are obsolete almost as soon as they are printed due to SSMs and TSBs.

Something specific you're looking for?

Reason I ask is, the nice thing about ChryCo vehicles is there's lots of info on line between online forums and Allpar.

Originally Posted By: T4R
Have you tried Amazon?

I did, but nothing for the 2012.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Did you check with Helm Publications? They publish the Ford manuals, I think I saw Chrysler on the list also.

That being said service manuals are going the way of the dinosaur. We don't get paper ones at the dealer any longer because they can be accessed online and the paper ones are obsolete almost as soon as they are printed due to SSMs and TSBs.

Just checked Helm and they do have a lot of manuals, but nothing for Chrysler products.

Originally Posted By: JTK
Something specific you're looking for?

Reason I ask is, the nice thing about ChryCo vehicles is there's lots of info on line between online forums and Allpar.

In this case, I'm looking for brake information. Mainly tightness of bolts and such. I know it's overkill for just that right now, but I've had the manual for every vehicle I've owned and it's come in handy a number of times.

I would prefer an electronic one, mainly for the searching ability, but wouldn't turn down a good deal on a paper one (if it even exists). I've completely written off Haynes from past experience with them. Are there any other options out there that are reliable?

We have people come into parts and ask nicely and we will print it out for them. Usually customers that buy from us a lot. Does not take a very long time and helps customer satisfaction out greatly. People that come in and demand it that we have never seen before and are jerks get told that parts has no access and to see service.

You will print the entire service manual or just a specific section that is asked about?

Either way, that's pretty generous. I don't have a bad relationship with my Chrysler dealer, just don't go there a lot.

How about a subscription to AllDataDIY. It'll have all the factory service information.

Didn't know All Data had a DIY option. Not a bad price point considering it will always be up to date.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
You will print the entire service manual or just a specific section that is asked about?

Either way, that's pretty generous. I don't have a bad relationship with my Chrysler dealer, just don't go there a lot.

Just the section, the whole thing would be reams of paper. Ford has each specific job on its own with torque specs. They are set up as pdfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back