Boy Scout deed of the day at Wally World

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there I am standing in the automotive isle at Wally World looking at the plethora of automotive oils and filters. I've been reading up on filters and oil via this forum and others for about a week trying to become an educated consumer. So I decided to share my new found knowledge with several customers who walked up while I was standing there. Two guys picked up Fram filters and placed them in their respective carts. I approached them and began my elementary discertation on Fram filters and why they should go with something else. They both ended up purchasing the Super-Tech brand. One of the guys was a Wally World employee. Before I could leave another customer picked up a Fram and ....well the story repeats itself again
grin.gif

As a result of this forum in particular, I have decided that my 99 Grand Cherokee and 95 Volvo 960 will get Mobil 1 synthetic ($3.69/quart) and Bosch Premium filters. My old vette will continue with dyno because it has way to many oil leaks and a K&N filter.

Jim

Good stuff!

As much as everyone on here knows I love to talk about oil, I've never struck up a conversation in the oil aisles with anyone yet. I've been tempted a few times though!
smile.gif

By the way, when I first read the title of this thread I thought it said Boy Scout found dead at WallyWorld!
grin.gif

I did that once with Castrol. The guy just shrugged and walked off with the Syntech. So much for my Boy Scout career
lol.gif

Same here. Couldn't help myself and politely suggested Mobil over Castrol and was told "everybody knows Castrol is the best". The Syntec was far more expensive too. Learnt my lesson.

Unsolicited free advice is worth exactly what the recipient pays for it. As my grandmother once told a helpful Boy Scout, "Back off, Jack, or I'll knock ya' on your can!" (Gramma made a mean apple pie, but she was anger management-challenged.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back