Confused About Meguiar Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at my local AAP, where this was displayed. I couldn't get past all of the marketing mumbo-jumbo. Can someone tell me the differences between these 3 in terms of performance.

20130902_090611.jpg]

The two on the right are the same product, just different consistencies. It's personal preference -- paste is generally easier for hand application, liquid is targeted more at machine application.

NXT is "older" at this point but is well-regarded for its ease of application. It is not very long-lasting, though.

Dparm is right.

Personally walmart tends to have better prices on that stuff. Ultimate is their current highest end off the shelf product.

In terms of performance, both the Ultimate wax and paste will outlast the NXT 2.0. In my experience the Ultimate Wax seems to have some fillers to better hide fine scratches while NXT 2.0 doesn't.

Between the Ultimate wax and paste, apparently one will not stain plastic or rubber parts. I forgot which one.

My recommendation... All your work should be focused on the preprep: compound and polish. The wax is a protectant. The better the pre-prep, the fewer differences between waxes with longevity and ESPECIALLY how it looks.

I am amazed with current detailing products, clay bar, compound, polish, and wax no longer takes an afternoon. An example: The Meguairs Power Dual Action drill attachment will take a Herculean effort to scratch your paint. It is ~$60 and greatly reduces the time. That along with Ultimate Compound, Polish and your wax of choice will take about 2-3 hours. A good 20-30 minutes of that is waiting for the wax to completely dry. Keep that regime every 1-2 years, use a spray wax everytime your dry your car after you wash and your paint will be shinier than 90% of cars out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back