Pentastar 3.6 (Jeep Wrangler) Best filter avail ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It pulls nice on the highway for passing speeds. Mine really lacks low-end grunt, and initial acceleration due to the crazy high gear ratio. The Grand Caravan is lighter, so it should be better.

Originally Posted By: webfors
boy can that engine pull.

thumbsup2.gif
I'll second that!

I'm going to stay with 5w20 through the warranty period as well, after that who knows. I can get a deal on Mopar filters but they are still up there, I may check out Walmart and see if they have the Bosch.

Do any of you guys that have the oil pressure and temp take any notes of it?

FYI, I'm 400 miles into breaking in the 3.6.

I was impressed the manual called for full throttle accelerations on the highway for proper breakin.

Hummm ... that's a first. Manufacturer saying to beat the snot out of it for proper break-in. I didn't baby my Tacoma when I bought it new, and it's the tightest, best running engine I've ever had.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

I was impressed the manual called for full throttle accelerations on the highway for proper breakin.

Hummm ... that's a first. Manufacturer saying to beat the snot out of it for proper break-in. I didn't baby my Tacoma when I bought it new, and it's the tightest, best running engine I've ever had.

Yes, very surprised when I read it. Of course I obliged it at the first opportunity. It did say to avoid full accelerations from stop for the first 500 miles. But rolling full throttle was recommended on highway according to local speed limits.

I'm going to post a thread about it with a pic of the manual.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

In my owners manual from August 05 and was in older cars as well.

Full throttle is beneficial to engine break in. Avoid the lower gears and standing starts to protect driveline parts that are wearing in as well. Your reward is less blow by which means longer engine life, more power, and lower oil consumption.

wait a sec... you found a puro classic for this engine at walmart?

we have to constantly turn 3.6s away because we don't carry any filter for it in store and cannot order them as they are not in the system (at least not the fram or mopar)... if you have the box handy could you get me the upc so i can see if we can order them when i go back in

Originally Posted By: AmishFury
wait a sec... you found a puro classic for this engine at walmart?

we have to constantly turn 3.6s away because we don't carry any filter for it in store and cannot order them as they are not in the system (at least not the fram or mopar)... if you have the box handy could you get me the upc so i can see if we can order them when i go back in

pl36135.jpg

pl36135_box.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy pics... they look great on my iphone
wink.gif

All my local WM carry them. Look identical to the Mopar. I can take a pic of both side by side with a good camera tomorrow. I'm off to have a beer with friends right now
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back