What to Pay vs MSRP for 2013 GMC Acadia Denali AW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking my girl to get a 2013 GMC Acadia Denali AWD in a week or so. She's trading in her 2007. I pushed her toward Nissan Armada but she wants the Acadia. I can get great deals for Nissan but do not know anyone at GMC.

She priced out what she wants online and came to MSRP $52,215 cash back only 1500 so accordign to build your GMC you are looking at $50,715 MSRP.

Looking for what would be good price and what would be great price.

Thanks for the help!!

Biscut. In Canada their offering $4000 cash back on any remaining
2013 Acadia's. You better check with other dealers to be sure.

If you are talking about the actual sticker without dealer add-ons, the dealer acquisition should be around $39,200 depending on base to option ratio. They will insist on grossing about $4000, so that puts you at $43,200 less the $1500. Get the average trade-in on the present vehicle by averaging KBB, NADA & Edmunds. Deduct this figure from the $41,700 and walk away before you pay any more than that difference. Don't pay any extra fees or more than $75 for doc fee.
As an aside, that's way too much for any Acadia. You can buy an RX350 for that money.

I'm with you boys!! I figured it would be a 42k kinda car. I'm making her take a 2014 Acura MDX for a spin! Gotta try. I want her to check Armada but I dont think she will.

Loooong time girl of mine like best friend type but she's stubborn on this one! She can swing the $650-700 month for it. But I feel its a waste for GMC.

Originally Posted By: millerbl00
My house note is only $600!

It's not about the amount of a single payment. It's also about the number of payments.
smile.gif

I did a quick check on TrueCar for a random city in upstate NY and it came up with ~3500 off MSRP. Invoice is about $2000 under MSRP.

And what's up with all the haters?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Maximus1966
If you are talking about the actual sticker without dealer add-ons, the dealer acquisition should be around $39,200 depending on base to option ratio. They will insist on grossing about $4000, so that puts you at $43,200 less the $1500. Get the average trade-in on the present vehicle by averaging KBB, NADA & Edmunds. Deduct this figure from the $41,700 and walk away before you pay any more than that difference. Don't pay any extra fees or more than $75 for doc fee.
As an aside, that's way too much for any Acadia. You can buy an RX350 for that money.

op, pls don't waste your time and money with the consumer reports report, it has no value.

just look online for prices paid for your model,

Maximus is correct, you should aim for $10k off sticker for a car in that price range, just shop around, look at dealership adds in BIG cities near you,
NJ, Baltimore, Chicago etc,

Originally Posted By: Maximus1966
If you are talking about the actual sticker without dealer add-ons, the dealer acquisition should be around $39,200 depending on base to option ratio. They will insist on grossing about $4000, so that puts you at $43,200 less the $1500.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Not a chance dealer invoice, even minus holdback etc. is $39,200 for a $52k sticker.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
I'm with you boys!! I figured it would be a 42k kinda car. I'm making her take a 2014 Acura MDX for a spin! Gotta try. I want her to check Armada but I dont think she will.

Loooong time girl of mine like best friend type but she's stubborn on this one! She can swing the $650-700 month for it. But I feel its a waste for GMC.

Seriously youre financing a $50k car you cannot afford? I feel sorry for your finances.

IMO she should be in a $1000 beater saving CASH to buy a car she can afford, not trying to jeep up with the joneses. Once the savings pattern is correct and in alignment with a well thought out budget, then go for whatever you like.

But being stubborn to wring out a $6-700 payment sounds like disaster to me. The "I deserve" disease.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Rich folk need oil advice too...and other advice for that matter! Must be one heck of a girl to deserve her own 50k vehicle.

Except that paying $600/month on a car loan because you cant afford to buy the car just makes one pretend that they are rich. Poor people determine what they can buy based upon what they can afford on payments. I suspect that the "deserve" part of it is driving other areas in the hole, like home ownership and retirement. Hopefully Im wrong, but it is the norm, unfortunately.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

But if it's someone who values the "experience" of a new car every couple years rather than a sound financial future, then it's an outstanding way to make others wealthy off their money.

From another thread but my sentiments exactly... I suspect that the car was bought on a 60 month note, and now that the 07 is paid for, she has "the itch".

I don't see a problem with a 60 month note at current 1.5% rates. Keeps cash on hand for other opportunities & emergencies. This assumes that liquid assets > all liabilities (put another way, you can pay all your debts off TODAY if you wanted to do so).

What makes it worth more than a loaded Traverse? Aren't they basically the same car with different sheet metal?

For $52k, I'd be looking at actual luxury marques.

Last edited:
I agree and disagree with some of the mentioned.. Is this girl single ? kids ? what are her finances ? is she going to put money down ? alot of factors..

With that said, My wife and i make good money. We are not rich but we are not poor. I have never purchased a automobile outright.. why ? I didnt want to take a $15-$20 k hit to saving, or checking.. i buy new/used at around 50% of retail value, i like to put 10-40 % down on a purchase, and i usually pay a auto loan off within 24 months of taking the note out.

Sure its a great idea to save up for YEARS and buy a new or newer car outright, In the mean time what are you driving ? is it safe ? will it get you back and forth to work ? do you trust getting your family around in it ? taking road trips ? etc, etc, etc ? Its not always feasable.. do i agree with taking out full purchase price auto loans on 7+ years so you can afford the payments ? NO, do i see a problem with buying a good new or even used auto and taking out a short 24-36 month auto loan ? No.

Tomorrow is not promised, live within year means, loans are tools to get what you want with the idea that your paying some interest to have it today v.s. saving up for years to buy later.. be wise, pay your debts as fast as you can. live life, move forward.

What is a $50,000 new car going to do that my $6,000 eleven year old used car can't???????????

Originally Posted By: millerbl00
My house note is only $600!

Me too, and it actually appreciates in value, unlike the Acadia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back