My number of small engines keeps growing -PICS-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, more small engine projects have been finding their way into my garage.

Besides my two mowers, snow thrower, tiller and string timmer, I've recently picked up a couple chainsaws and a leaf blower.

I got this Poulan-made Craftsman chainsaw not too long ago. It was non running, but a carb rebuild and some other minor repairs got it running very well.
IMG_2666-1000_zpsc002deaf.jpg

IMG_2667-1000_zps68c477c4.jpg

This older Echo chainsaw will be in the for the same treatment, although it runs OK as is.
IMG_2676-1000_zpse6200475.jpg

IMG_2672-1000_zps28141b9d.jpg

I just picked up this Echo leaf blower yesterday in non-running shape. I put on new fuel lines and tuned it and it runs decently. I'll rebuild the carb and it should be a good runner.
IMG_2680-1500_zps59d9bc23.jpg

Originally Posted By: nitehawk55
Always a sense of accomplishment fixing up non running OPE and the like .

Careful with the old Echo , no chain brake on the older machines .

There's no chain brake on the Craftsman, either. It's just a hand guard.

The next saw I buy will have a chain brake.

A chain brake while is good idea is only useful if your hand will engage it when the saw kicks. I am sure there are different braking systems. But people should not feel overly safe with a chain saw. Use it safely, but its never a safe machine.

Actually the newer saws (Stihl has had it since the 90's) , the chain brake is activated by inertia , your hand doesn't have to contact the handle .

I've got the Poulan version of the Craftsman saw. It sees more use than any of my other saws since it's light and plenty powerful. The only piece I know that's a weak point on them is the oilers.

Nice work area!! Alot of times these things just need a little tlc. I recently worked on blower, trimmer and an older Mantis tiller. Tiller needed a primer bulb. Took the carbs apart on all of them, cleaned, reassembled, added fresh fuel and they all ran great. I was suprised that a rebuild kit was not needed for any of them.

Just had a similar odd find. A golfing friend said he could not keep his Toro trimmer running and decided to go buy a lithium battery operated trimmer.

He gave me the Toro to me with a good luck quip.

As I proceeded to empty the gas tank, fuel line and filter came out with it. A new section of line to the carburetor and reattached the fuel filter and voila. Runs great.

I bought the Stihl FS130 last year so the Toro will have to be CL sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back