Snow Blowers on Sale in Fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do snowblowers ever go on sale in September? Or only after winter?

I am interested in the 24" Sno-Tek (Ariens with a Chinese 208 cc engine) at Home Depot. Around $630 regular price.

I got a slight discount on a Honda blower in late Aug/early September, but I'd agree that you might get a better deal in the Spring.

I bought mine at Lowe's in the fall, and got a decent discount on it.

The problem with buying in spring, is that a late blizzard will clean out the inventory, and they won't restock anything at that point.

Keep your eyes open for sales, but remember that there will be a mad-rush for snowblowers once the first snow hits. If you want to save, maybe the retailers have a "X % off with our credit card" offer?

Last years left overs at the dealers are on clearance right now at least the ones I have been to. I went with a new Simplicity H1730E for this winter dealer thinks might be a 75 dollar cash back rebate.

I've purchaced my SnowBlower(s) in the Fall(Oct-Nov) at the seasons better prices. Look for sales and maybe buy online and pickup in store. All depends on your budget!

Last edited:
There are various 10% off coupons floating around. Some are in USPS "movers packets" but that's drying up. Sometimes HD honors Lowes and vice versa.

Co-irker got that ariens for $599 minus 10% two years back so at least they haven't gotten too much worse pricewise.

Home Depot had a Labor Day sale when I bought mine (24" Ariens Sno-Tek w/ 208cc) back in 2011.

Originally Posted By: SubLGT
Do snowblowers ever go on sale in September? Or only after winter?

I am interested in the 24" Sno-Tek (Ariens with a Chinese 208 cc engine) at Home Depot. Around $630 regular price.

Just saw that this weeks Sears ad is showing a 24' blower that appears to be a clone of the Sno-Tek, on "sale" for $630, same as HD regular online price. It says it has a Craftsman engine. I assume it is a China sourced engine, like the Sno-Tek?

some will do pre-season sales.

the biggest discounts will be in spring.. but you will usually have bad models and limited inventory.

the advantage of fall is you can research and get exactly what you want.

The new Ariens AX engines are made by LCT. LCT is a US company who designed the engines and then has them made over seas. I've heard good things about these new engines. Lots of power for the engine size and good fuel consumption. I'm on the snowblower search as well. I looked at the sno-tek as well. Mills fleet farm has it for 599.

The 208cc LCT Storm Force engine in the Ariens Sno-Tek puts out 9.5 ft-lb of torque. Doesn't sound impressive! Is that average? Better than average?

Last edited:
Its rated the same as the Briggs 205cc. When you start going up to the 254 and 291cc+ the LCTs have 1-2 ft-lb more than the briggs of comparable sizes.

Originally Posted By: volk06
.................... I looked at the sno-tek as well. Mills fleet farm has it for 599.

That's a good price. Too bad shipping is $230 ! Home Depot is offering free shipping, but $629 for the 24" Sno-Tek blower.

Originally Posted By: SubLGT
............. Home Depot is offering free shipping, but $629 for the 24" Sno-Tek blower.

Was planning on ordering a Sno-Tek online today from HD, but they are no longer offering free shipping.
frown.gif

Get on Craigslist and find one there. Make sure the person selling whatever you find starts it for you (one pull start!), and demonstrates it's functions to your satisfaction. If they claim it ran last year but won't start this year, don't fall for that. If you get a good deal on something with a two stroke Tecumseh engine and you need to put paddles on it or a scraper, you'll be much better off than most new ones with Chinese engines.

I just bought an Ariens 722, one-stage blower for $80 from Craigslist. Looks brand new. Don't know what brand the 6 HP motor is. Kind of afraid to look! It runs great though.

Simplicity is offering $25 to $150 rebates on snow blowers, until 11-30-13.

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/us/en/~/media/Files/Simplicity/Promotions/130148%20SMI%202013%20WALK-BEHIND%20SNOWTHROWER%20REBATE%20FORM.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back