Filter's clearance on my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed an oversized oil filter-purolator L22821- on my 2003 Corolla. I chose this because it has the same bypass setting(15-18 psid), gasket size, and the shape of the base is similar to the L14476 that Purolator shows as the filter for my car.
To my question: After I installed the L22821, the clearance between the filter and the edge of the oil pan is only 1/8 inch at most. Is this enough clearance. Puralator also makes the L14477, which is a little bigger than the L14476-but not by much. I can't seem to locate an oversized filter that meets the "original" filters specs. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks!.
BTW, I chose Purolator because their catalog is the only one I've seen that list's the spec's for their filters-so I know the filters I buy have similar spec's to the original filter.

I see no problem with this. The main concern is if the filter is close to something other than the engine. As you are probably aware-the engine can move and rock quite a bit on its mounts. Also some of the rest of the car could flex and hit the filter. Just make sure the filter is out of harms way with other parts of the car.
smile.gif

On the filter sites.. both Baldwin, Wix and Napa (wix) have electronic catalog's and cross reference with filter spec's.. depending on how deep you want to get, they give basic diameter, length, thread type/size, drain back and pressure...some include pictures...

www.baldwinfilters.com
www.wixfilter.com

Toy4X4,

The dealer says it's 90915-YZZA2. I have already changed the oil, and thru out the filter that came with the car.

quote:

Originally posted by surge:
On the filter sites.. both Baldwin, Wix and Napa (wix) have electronic catalog's and cross reference with filter spec's.. depending on how deep you want to get, they give basic diameter, length, thread type/size, drain back and pressure...some include pictures...

www.baldwinfilters.com
www.wixfilter.com

Great find Surge
bowdown.gif
biggthumbcoffe.gif

the wix site is down though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back