How good is Royal Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised that RP is overpriced in your neck of the woods.
wink.gif
You guys get it worse on oil pricing than we do. Up here, RP can easily compete if the retailer doesn't go bonkers on markup like they do with every other oil.

Royal Purple has been around for years and I was always willing to use it but in my younger years the preice per quart was a koke compared to my favorite Mobil 1. Now since them it appears they're all priced just about the same so I wouldn't mide entertaing the possibility again. My only issue is that it doesn't meet certain engine requirement for GM, Ford or Chrysler. The label in the back says nothing. For that I still kinda wonder.

Durango

Royal Purple is so good they don't even need product data sheets. Just take their word and use it.

Originally Posted By: buster
Royal Purple is so good they don't even need product data sheets. Just take their word and use it.

Well, they might not run the TEOST test and some internet know it all runs with that and draws incorrect conclusions..... lol. j/k sort of.

99.99% of people aren't consultion PDS to make a choice.

Last edited:
Put it this way, buster, at least RP's data sheets don't have any errors. How about Castrol's data sheets where "pass" is considered a value? How about SOPUS having the exact same numbers for everything, verbatim, for Formula Shell 5w-30 and Formula Shell Synthetic 5w-30, or their inability to link current sheets to their product sites, necessitating us to go to the product portal? Or, Imperial Oil's previous habit (they finally fixed it) of having data sheets for products that are long dead an buried? Or, Petro-Canada's and Imperial Oil's habit of simply not having data sheets for certain products? Imperial Oil neglecting HTHS on HDEOs?

The point is, they're all guilty. Every website of every boutique and major out there has had some ridiculous error or oversight.

Originally Posted By: buster

But it's PURPLE!

Seriously, it is just as bad to put out misinformation. None at all means extrapolation of all the hyperbole until the oil becomes nearly Godlike to its fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back