Amsoil Dominator Comparison of Millers Oils CFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I wanted to ask if anyone colleagues tested the oil Amsoil Dominator 15W50, 10W30 Amsoil Dominator and compared it with the oil Millers Oils CFS.

I know barracuda Racing IndyCar team uses oil CFS.Could it be better oil for them ?

I will be grateful for your feedback.

Let me know,

I didn't think Millers Oils was available in the US?

Millers Oils is a bit like our Amsoil equivalent here in the UK. They are 130 years old, they don't do approvals, they seemingly make quality products and they're usually more expensive than the equivalent major branded (Castrol, Mobil, Shell, etc).

I've used a few of their engine oils over the years, including their 'Nanodrive' range. Never had any issues or noticed anything amazing over any other oils I've run.

Their Diesel Ecomax gets used in my Volvo which is basically 2-EHN. I do notice a slightly different 'crack' from the engine when it's being used and the butt dyno seems to think the car is sharper.

And I've also used their oil analysis services on a number of occasions with reasonable results.

Unsure if this is any help to you. I personally like Millers however I struggle to convince myself I should pay more for an oil without approvals when for less I can get a branded oil with a few approvals.

There is at leat one distributor of Millers Oils in the U.S.(used to be Professional Racing Oils), as I have used their Nanodrive oils in my (last car) 4th gen LS1 engined, Z28.

IF they had an low sodium, but decent magnesium, CFS NT oil available, I would try it in the 1.6 EcoBoost.
wink.gif
19.gif

(Their 0W-30 stuff, with it's 10.1 starting TBN would have me worried that they used large amounts of calcium to get there, instead of magnesium and boron.
frown.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back