Valvoline Premium Blue Syn Blend 10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had posted this on the other forum since I was interested in using this in my Jeep, but thought it could also be of interest here. This is a relatively new product from Valvoline that looks to be aimed directly at T5. Napa has it on sale for $11.99 a jug right now.

Valvoline kindly send me a PDS as it's not up on the web yet.

Good to see another strong contender in the 10w30 HDEO category!

Thanks for the info KC! This looks like a great oil, and considering the low wear numbers from Valvoline in the Jeep 4.0, I'll definitely have to try this oil.
thumbsup2.gif

Interesting. I used to run VPBC 15w40 in my diesel and it worked well. But I like the RT6 I'm running now.

Originally Posted By: wsar10
I cant find a VOA for this, and only one UOA.
I would try this in my 4.0's.....

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1708253&page=1

Its very new and not too many people have used it yet,therefore there isn't much in the form of data yet,which is why KCjeep thought it was a great idea to post the info he has gleaned thus far.
Why not try it and get a uoa done so the forum can have some of the data you are looking for.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: wsar10
I cant find a VOA for this, and only one UOA.
I would try this in my 4.0's.....

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1708253&page=1

Its very new and not too many people have used it yet,therefore there isn't much in the form of data yet,which is why KCjeep thought it was a great idea to post the info he has gleaned thus far.
Why not try it and get a uoa done so the forum can have some of the data you are looking for.

I know why KC made the post, we PM'd back and forth for a couple of days discussing it. I have a HUGE stock of T5, PNZL HM and T6 so no real need to take on another flavor at this time, locally I cant find it in anything other than 15/40. IIRC its actually been out for 4-5 years.

Proof that thinner HDEOs are the wave of the future.

I suspect it will be an excellent alternative to T5, and that sale pricing is hard to beat!

THe only thing the Blue has the T5 doesn't is a heavy dose of moly.I'm beginning to appreciate what a touch of moly can do as a wear preventer during warmup... before the ZDDP get activated by oil temp.

I'd buy either of these oils. While in "bench racing" mode, one thing I have not seen is the T5 NOACK. The VPB is not stellar in that regard but wonder how the T5 stacks up against it.

I thought moly also worked better at higher temps, and that boron or titanium were the better lower temp additive alternatives?

I am guessing the VPB is also using a magnesium/calcium combo add pack for detergent/dispersants whereas T5 uses straight calcium as far as I know.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
I thought moly also worked better at higher temps, and that boron or titanium were the better lower temp additive alternatives?

I am guessing the VPB is also using a magnesium/calcium combo add pack for detergent/dispersants whereas T5 uses straight calcium as far as I know.

Yes, T5 calcium is 2234ppm, magnesium is 7 ppm. Although T6 has 1187 ppm magnesium

Thanks for the info kc!

I would gladly try it in my volvo but I wasn't aware of valvolines 10-30 semi syn hdeo. I recently put in the new delo xle 10-30 semi syn. Have 6,000 miles with it so far. Will get a voa done when I can (next few weeks) And a uoa late in late october.

Thanks again for valvoline info!

I picked up a jug last night. Now to do a VOA on it or not.. I suspect the additive package will be identical or similar to the 15w40.

Originally Posted By: volk06
I picked up a jug last night. Now to do a VOA on it or not.. I suspect the additive package will be identical or similar to the 15w40.

I agree, although base stocks might differ slightly as I noticed only the 10w30 is marked "synthetic blend". I plan to eventually just run it and do a UOA, kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

I'm not sure, Striker. You might want to keep an eye on NAPA specials, since you won't find it at Canadian Tire or Walmart (nor would you want to). I've only seen Valvoline HDEO stuff at a couple parts stores and trucking outfits. I don't even know who handles the distribution up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back