Oil and Oil Filter Arctic Cat 700

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 questions here regarding a 2012 Arctic Cat HDX700 SxS.

1) Years ago, Cat updated the oil filter from A/C Part No. 0812-029 to the current 0812-034. That fine. When I go to Wix site and enter either #, it tells me to use Wix 57937. Great. Then I went to Fram site and entered both A/C Part #'s and Fram tells me to use a Fram PH6018. Wonderful. When I went back to the Wix site to confirm, I entered in Fram's 6018, and instead of getting Wix 57937 as expected, I get Wix 51359. So I compared the specs of the 2 Wix filtes and they are totally different- beta ratio, bypass valve, etc. The Fram filter is different than both Wix as well. I would like to use a Wix, but since Arctic Cat doesn't publish technical specs of the filter, I don't know which Wix would match most closely to A/C?

2) I believe this Prowler HDX requires a wet-clutch oil, so I purchased a case of Amsoil 0W-40 PowerSports oil. Is any HDEO safe to use as well?

I cannot speak to your first question, but for the second one Rotella meets JASO-MA certification (usually required for a wet clutch) and would be a good choice. My Brute Force 750 is not a wet clutch, but the engine shares the oil with the transmission and it tends to "shred" the oil rather quickly. I have used both Triple T in 15W-40 (conventional) and T6 in 5W-40 (synthetic) with good results.

I have a 400 grizzly. I did rotella t-6 with a bosch filter. I didn't care for that oil in my truck(broke down to quickly). I didn't care for the price of dealer oil, oth that oil met all oem specs(wet clutch).

Also any filter will be better then any oem, pick one you wild b comfortable with and run it. I've seen many oem filter cut open they amounted to was a little better then foam.

Hi,
I am the tech director at FRAM. You can use the PH6018 on your Artic Cat, We sponsor a road race team that uses them and they are cleaning up in the WERA series. We also have several UTV racers running our filter with no issues. It is actually better that the AC filter as it uses a silicone ADV instead of nitrile rubber

I've got a 2013 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000 and I found the same thing. So what oil filter did you finally figure out was the RIGHT filter to use?

Thanks
glwbear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back