Pentastar 3.6 (Jeep JK) Oil Filters Quick Look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: qnyla
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Wow, you must be driving every minute you're awake. I have a 2005 Tacoma that only has 37K miles on it. Has your Tacoma given you any problems over that 333K miles?

No, not really anything too bad. 335k now.

That's awesome ... I love my Tacoma. I'll probably die before it's worn out.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

The box for the PureOne says "99.9% Efficient" ... but if you look on the box does it the fine print say "99.9% @ 20 microns" or "99.9% @ 40 microns"?

Did you happen to take a look at the fine print on the Purolator boxes that the cartridge filters came in to see if it says 20 microns or 40 microns?

Originally Posted By: qnyla
40 microns

Figured it would. A while back, Purolator told me that all of their cartridge filters are rated at 40 microns. They never told me why.

If they used the same media as the PureOne spin-on, you would think it would be rated at 20 microns like the PureOne is.
confused.gif

Went our Jeep Dealer asked for oil filter and was given the Valvoline VO-110 filter. Asked for a Mopar filter they said this is the same thing. I gave it back went to a different dealer for the OEM Mopar filter.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Is there any way in the aftermarket to convert it to a spin on filter?

I've seen an adapter for the Ecotec that would allow you to plumb a remote set up. It threaded in in place of the filter and cap and had a threaded output and input. I don't know if the same could be done here as from the pics I've seen there is a piece in the filter base that goes into the filter where as the Ecotec does not have that.

I have a 13' Charger with the 3.6L and I did my first oil change at around 5k miles and put in the Napa Gold filter with 5 quarts of PP 5w-20 and 1 quart of M1 5-20 I had laying around. It's got almost 7k miles on it now and so far zero issues with the Napa Gold filter. I got the napa filter on sale for like $3.50.

Nice write up!

Regarding the MIL, misfires, oil pressure issue. I read through the thread and it was more often related to something else once fully diagnosed (bad oil pump, oil pickup tube upper gasket, etc).

Looking at the Puro Classic I picked up side by side with the Mopar they look identical. I'll keep a Mopar in my stash just in case
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: RageOfFury
Would you go with the Mopar or the Bosch if you had to pick one?

Assuming they are priced about the same, I would go with the OEM over Bosch. I've had two failures out of the last five Bosch filters I have used. But hey, I also hit all the lights red so it just might be me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back