ALL filters that fit HONDA via H, 20 x 1.5 mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure you all know how FRAM book says the part number is 3593A but the 7317 will fit also and looks more like the OEM filter at least the shape..... and as far as TOUGH GAURD its nearly identical other then the screen over the bypass.

Basically any filter that is H, 20 x 1.5 mm should fit the Hondas...

anyone see a list?

Basically I was wondering if other companies have something similar.

I know Baldwin does and Purolator does...

I mean even FRAM has more then 2
look

Fram TG3985 Tough Guard Oil Filter
FRAM TOUGH GUARD OIL FILTER -- 3.69 in. height, 20 x 1.5 mm thread ID

Anyone know of any others????

Looks like this page lists many Oil fitlers that have 20 x 1.5 mm Thread ID

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=0&Nr=AND%28make:Mitsubishi,part:Oil+Filter,universal:0%29&No=15&Npp=15

Hope link is Okay

For Fram 3593A its says for Mitsubishi.... weird huh?

Look at this FRAM that should fit

Fram High Mileage Oil Filter - Canister Part Number: FFHM3985 Manufacturer Number: HM3985
Fram Oil Filter Fram Oil Filter
More Images
add to compare

Fram Tough Guard Oil Filter - Canister Part Number: FFTG3950 Manufacturer Number: TG3950
Fram Oil Filter Fram Oil Filter

FRAM TOUGH GUARD OIL FILTER -- 3.09 in. height, 20 x 1.5 mm thread ID, 3.66 in. OD, 2.42

Here is a LIST FOR HONDA ACCORD V6 and look how many differnt oil filters from the same company fit......

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?N=0&Nr=AND%28make:Mitsubishi,part:Oil+Filter,universal:0%29&No=15&Npp=15

Long as its 20 x 1.5mm

Last edited:
This page is weird...

Look how many diff MOTORCRAFTS AND FRAMS AND other brands fit the HONDA, and Im talking diff part numbers.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?refType=Sort+By&refValue=Price+High+to+Low&N=0&No=0&Nr=AND%28make%3AMitsubishi%2Cpart%3AOil+Filter%2Cuniversal%3A0%29&Npp=50&use_warranty_code_parent=AutoTrust&mvtgroup=B&Ns=price|1

Quote:
and as far as TOUGH GAURD its nearly identical other then the screen over the bypass....

As far as efficiency of A02 vs TG goes, not even in the same ball park and repeated posting of this inaccurate information won't make it so. Differences recently explained in this post. TG screen over bypass eliminated by Fram some time ago.

7317/14610 size is spec on all post 2002-03 Hondas, Civic started using it in 01. Pre 03 used larger diameter 3593A/14459. That said, the shorty 6607/14612 will also fit all, though not sure why anyone but the quickee lubes and some indy's would use them.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Everything I have seen says the 7317 is for Hondas.

Really?

Look at FRAM site

Ill save you the Trouble.

i77led.jpg

Even ROCKAUTO says

Ill save you trouble also.

seyauh.jpg

Even Wallyworld.. but I think you know what I mean.

here even AutoZone

mwb6zk.jpg

There are many posts here that tell you that FRAM list the 3593a
Im surprised this is the first time you have not seen it.

Last edited:
You saw what sayjac said, right? It all depends on what car year you are talking about.

Originally Posted By: sayjac

7317/14610 size is spec on all post 2002-03 Hondas, Civic started using it in 01. Pre 03 used larger diameter 3593A/14459.

Quote:
and as far as TOUGH GAURD its nearly identical other then the screen over the bypass....

As far as efficiency of A02 vs TG goes, not even in the same ball park and repeated posting of this inaccurate information won't make it so. Differences recently explained in this post. TG screen over bypass eliminated by Fram some time ago.

7317/14610 size is spec on all post 2002-03 Hondas, Civic started using it in 01. Pre 03 used larger diameter 3593A/14459. That said, the shorty 6607/14612 will also fit all, though not sure why anyone but the quickee lubes and some indy's would use them.

So what are you saying the TOUGH GAURD is the better filter compared to the HONDA OEM?

Also the screen over the bypass, I no longer see it on the FRAM site however each picture I see on Google shows it, but Ill take your word about that.

One of these days when I do a Oil change Ill try a TOugh Gaurd and cut it open after and compare to the 02

However I already have the next filter for my next OC, NIPPON FILTER
that is suppose to be the same as the A01 filter as you can see by the pic
they sell em on ebay

2ytuvt1.jpg

2v1ndxf.jpg

manufactured by Nippon for Honda
15400-PLM-A01 (replaced by 15400-PLM-A02)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Yes the tough guard is better than oem Honda. It has a higher efficiency and better build with the silicone advice.

How do you feel about the A01 and the new A02s

What is your position on them?

WHat do you think is a better filter and why?

Originally Posted By: David1

How do you feel about the A01 and the new A02s

What is your position on them?

WHat do you think is a better filter and why?

I think there was a pretty recent thread that compared the A01 and A02 filters. Might try the search function unless someone can dig it up fast.

Quote:

So what are you saying the TOUGH GAURD is the better filter compared to the HONDA OEM?

I'm saying the TOUGH GUARD is a much more efficient than the A02 which tested at a relatively very low ~66%@20um. That's why some here refer to the Honda oems as 'rock catchers' either humorously or otherwise. If getting more efficiency for your dollar spent is important as it is for many here, then 'between the two' the TG would be the clear choice. And though I've seen no ISO test of the A01, based on the A02 rating and testing of similar no endcap type filters shown here, safe to say imo the A01 is no higher than the A02, if that.

Also the screen over the bypass, I no longer see it on the FRAM site however each picture I see on Google shows it, but Ill take your word about that.....

I'm gratified that you'll take my word for it, but a very recent Bitog thread (linked below *) comparing a A02 to a TG7317 verifies the fact that the screen is no longer used on TG filters, and that the current Fram website depiction is accurate.

Had you read my first reply the posting of all the different website information would have been unnecessary as the information regarding the use of the different diameter filters and applications was listed. They all have the same size gasket (within tolerance) so that's not an issue. The larger diameter 3593a/14459 will fit some newer spec 7317 Hondas including the 7th gen Civic's. They will not fit the 8th generation Accord though. But the 7317/14610 and shorty 6607/14612 will fit all Hondas including those spec'd for the 3593a/14459.

* TG7317 vs A02 Cut Open Pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back