MOPAR MO-744, Grand Caravan oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for alternatives to the OEM filter for our new caravan, part number MO-744. Do we have members with experience with the puro, wix, and fram alternatives?

I'm pleased that it's a cartridge filter, I'm not pleased that I have to unseal the airbox to reach it.

Cool, not a lot of talk about cartridges on here. Bummer on the airbox.
frown.gif

I have been using Napa Golds (Wix) cartridges in our KIA and they've been great. Beats driving to the dealer. I'm sorry though we have a couple Chryslers I don't have any experience with the cartridges specifically for them, ours take spin ons.

I assume you have the Pentastar engine, correct?

I've used the Wix for the last several changes, mainly because there were even fewer options when I first bought our van than there are now, and Wix has, historically, made good filters.

I'm about to finish a 10k miles interval on PU and a Wix filter. Still have about 1000 miles left. But I am planning on a UOA at the end.

Now that a PureOne is available I am planning to switch to that.

I just picked up a Purolator replacement and it's identical to the Mopar. I swear the Mopar is made by Puro. They are identical.

Puro = $4.88
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: webfors
I just picked up a Purolator replacement and it's identical to the Mopar. I swear the Mopar is made by Puro. They are identical.

Puro = $4.88
wink.gif

they used to be. most are now Wix.

Originally Posted By: earlyre

Puro = $4.88
wink.gif

Webfor, are you comparing your new Purolator to an aftermarket MOPAR or to the factory installed MOPAR?

I ask this because many say that aftermarket MOPARS are made by WIX, but my factory OEM MOPAR on my new 2014 JEEP was a Purolator.

Are you following me? I wonder if Chrysler is "pulling a Ford". OEM factory Motorcraft filters used to be made by Champion while at the same time the aftermarket Motorcrafts were made by Purolator.

In short, the factory MOPAR might be made by a different company than the aftermarket ones. Just a hypothesis.

Puro = $4.88
wink.gif

That depends on area. I put a Mopar MO-090 filter on a friend's Jeep and it was definitely a Purolator.

From my understanding, USA Mopar filter = Purolator, Canadian Mopar filter = Wix

Originally Posted By: doitmyself

Puro = $4.88
wink.gif

Webfor, are you comparing your new Purolator to an aftermarket MOPAR or to the factory installed MOPAR?

I ask this because many say that aftermarket MOPARS are made by WIX, but my factory OEM MOPAR on my new 2014 JEEP was a Purolator.

Are you following me? I wonder if Chrysler is "pulling a Ford". OEM factory Motorcraft filters used to be made by Champion while at the same time the aftermarket Motorcrafts were made by Purolator.

In short, the factory MOPAR might be made by a different company than the aftermarket ones. Just a hypothesis.

Comparing it to a filter I purchased at the dealer parts counter. They are identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back