who makes Harley brand SYN 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Does anyone really know who makes Harley branded SYN 3? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure who makes it, but have heard Citgo

Would love to see a thread on what lubes everyone has had good luck with in all three holes'

Just bought some Redline for my 2009 Fat Bob. Have heard good things about it.

Will use Redline in tranny and engine, will probably run Mobil 1 20w50 in primary.

Originally Posted By: daddi

Would love to see a thread on what lubes everyone has had good luck with in all three holes'

Will use Redline in tranny and engine, will probably run Mobil 1 20w50 in primary.

08 street bob.
Redline shockproof in the tranny and rotella 15w-40 conventional in the engine and primary.
107hp/115tq
100tq at 2200rpm. Great bike

Originally Posted By: Clevy

08 street bob.
Redline shockproof in the tranny and rotella 15w-40 conventional in the engine and primary.
107hp/115tq

Now that bike sounds like FUN!!!

Originally Posted By: Clevy

08 street bob.
107hp/115tq

Now that bike sounds like FUN!!!

I bought it with basically stock everything but had a fuel pak. That fuel pak built up an 1/8" carbon in the combustion chambers in 12000kms
So I ditched the fuel pak. Bought a pcv,ported the heads then milled them to regain some compression. Manual comp releases,S&S 106 kit,woods tw6-6 cams and a jagg 6 row oil cooler. Still on the stock clutch.
I ran every big name oil that exists. On sunruh's advice I gave rotella a shot. Its a bit thinner than the stock recommendation but it hasn't let me down.
The top end doesn't clack,doesn't consume any oil and it feels just as good as anything else I've used at 4x the price.
I'll never go back to expensive syn oils. No need.

I'm sure the 2011 Heritage I bought last month has Syn 3 in the engine and had it in the primary and whatever Harley uses in the transmissions.

I changed the tranny over to some 75w/140 transmission fluid I bought from O'Riley's and the primary over to Rotella 15w-40.

Better clutch action and transmission doesn't seem to clunk quiet as bad. Not sure what I will run in the engine when service is due again. Maybe Mobile V-Twin.

Try Valvonine VR1 synthetic or dino. It gave spectacular numbers on the UOA's posted on here for Harley Twin Cam engines. Kendall GT1 20w50 was almost as good as the VR1 but just had slightly lower TBN numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back