Hyundai 26300 35503 OEM Filter cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
2010 Hyundai 2.4L 5k OEM filter using PP 5w-30 SN. (47k on the vehicle)
OC was short because I wanted to dump the PP 5w-30 and try the Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic 5w-20, and most of the summer triple digit are easing. And 5k was on the button.
Rude cut - after cutting up at the top (base seam), it didn't want to pull apart so I then rip the Dremel on it. Penny for pleat depth (no wasn't already in there). Then a little hacking with the hacksaw. Rough & rude but its cut.

Last edited:
I've been using that filter in my Mitsubishi, and I've been very happy with it - especially for the price. It's built like a tank.
thumbsup2.gif

I run this filter on my daughter's 2011 Sonata 2.4 and the same interval. The whole start-up tick thread made me go to oem. Thanks for the pictures.

Pretty sure that's the same blue Hyundai filter I ran on my 2008 Santa Fe 2.7L.

I was always amazed at how many revolutions of my filter-cutter it took to open those up. They're built very well. Never found any media concerns with them either.

These always look really well built this one is no exception. The Hyundai symbol on the bypass valve is a neat touch. I wish we knew the efficiencies on these it is my suspicion it is low much like the Honda/Toyota filters but as far as I know, no one really knows for sure.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

Originally Posted By: JTK
Pretty sure that's the same blue Hyundai filter I ran on my 2008 Santa Fe 2.7L.

I was always amazed at how many revolutions of my filter-cutter it took to open those up. They're built very well. Never found any media concerns with them either.

Yeah the can is tough. Took me awhile using my muffler cutter (4 cutting wheels).
Just picking up the filter (dry/new) it has some weight compared to others I've used comparable size.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Was the media already like that...or did you pry it open?

I was kind of prying it open by fingers looking for any visual metal. Didn't see any nor any signs of sludge, but the OC was short using PP.
So I dropped a chunk of metal.... the penny. I guess since it was laying on the table, was an idea for pleat depth.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
I use them on my cars. The bypass diff is 20 lbs IIRC.

Good to know... 1st I've heard of this on this filter.. thanks

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Allows too much copper in.

No, it'll catch copper so it won't let it out. There is plenty of media to catch plenty more lol.

I cut one up a couple years ago.

Thanks... I must have missed that one. Good comparison against the Purolator.

Next time I'll make the cut a little lower off the base like you did. My muffler cut was right at the seam and was tough. So another with a dremel. Took a lot of turning with the muffler cutter... tough can.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Next time I'll make the cut a little lower off the base like you did. My muffler cut was right at the seam and was tough. So another with a dremel. Took a lot of turning with the muffler cutter... tough can.

Yeah, don't want to cut too close to the base plate. About 1/4" ~ 3/8" above the base plate seem works pretty good.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
I cut one up a couple years ago.

Thanks... I must have missed that one. Good comparison against the Purolator.

I got the engine knock on cold, old oil with that Purolator.

I use them on my 1.6L Accent and 2L Genesis Coupe.

And I had a 1981 Festiva 1.4L that used the same filter; Mazda motor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back