ATP-205 Reseal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I cannot contact Automatic Transmission Products company (phone numbers on the site DO NOT work, and they don't answer emails), does anyone on here know A LOT about this product??

Is it safe to leave in the crankcase for extended periods/over a full OCI or not?

Do the type(s) of esters in it 'clash' with other oils' ester/PAO, or even group 3/3+/GTL basestocks?
What about addpack clash as well?

Do the esters in it ONLY swell/condition various seals, or do they also have ANY lubricating properties?

Mola? Others?

I have a suspected, but very slight, rear main seal leak I want to try this on, if you were wondering why I'm asking.
wink.gif

I have use AT-205 reseal twice. once in a tractor transmission and once in a tractor engine. I consider both to be a success, especially considering how little of it I used comparatively.

I used 2 or 3 (cant remember) bottles in the transmission and it stopped a pretty fast hydraulic leak. which is great considering the transmission capacity is 30 gallons.

used 1 bottle in the engine crankcase (2.5 gal capacity) and it has slowed oil consumption to almost nill. I plan or running it the full OCI.

My understanding was the AT-205 was just the seal conditioners.

AT-205 is THE stop leak additive of all addtives!

It's safe to put in crankcase, tranny, power steering and differentials.
It's safe to leave in for an entire OCI and then some.
You wouldn't need the whole bottle for the power steering or diff, but a few ounces will do wonders.

my neighbor had a severe rear main seal leak, I could follow him from the droplets of oil. a bottle of reseal didn't completely stop the leak, but let me just say I wasn't able to follow him from the oil droplets anymore. It slowed the leak to small driplets and it bought him enough time for him to save up to have it replaced.

It's good stuff, safe to use and has a proven track record with me.

^^^^Thanks to the above responders!
thumbsup2.gif

Anyone else with opinions, suggestions on the use of this product, or knowledge of it's chemical composition (type of esters, etc.)??

Diethylene Glycol Monoethyl Ether is shown in this MSDS: http://www.atp-inc.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=jPiApvb3V3Y%3D&tabid=63

Originally Posted By: JAG
Diethylene Glycol Monoethyl Ether is shown in this MSDS: http://www.atp-inc.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=jPiApvb3V3Y%3D&tabid=63

Yes, I FINALLY got a hold of their tech dept. and they told me it is a 'plasticizer' agent which only works on rubber/EPDM type seals, and actually EATS plastic/teflon/delrin?? type seals.*

*THEY SHOULD PUT A WARNING ABOUT THIS RIGHT ON THE BOTTLE"S LABEL!!!!!!!!!!!

have it in one vehicle now that has multiple leaks. So far, may have stopped one of them, others continue. Did not expect it to work so really not disappointed but most stop leaks rarely work. It may for you but go into it assuming that you are wasting your money.

I put the product in my '91 Mustang a couple of days ago and haven't yet noticed any difference in the quantity of the leak, which is coming from under the time belt cover.

Finally found a post about ATP products... What I can tell you is they are all good. The ATP 205 reseal is awesome and their ATP AT-203 Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid Friction Modifier is awesome to. All ATP stuff will save you $, the piper cutter kit can save you a whole condesor and the smell remover from your heater core is awesome! You can trust ATP products and NO i do not work for them in anyway. Just used many of them myself and seen videos of em work on You tube, via Scotty Kilmer.

Yeah, I've seen the Scotty Kilmer video as well, I like the guy. I'm using the ATP in my Previa right now for a suspected o-ring/valve cover leak. So far no success, but I've only driven it a couple of hours, so it's too early to tell. Daily Driver's post is a little concerning... "It acutally EATS plastic/teflon/delrin?? type seals" Does anyone know how common these types of seals are and where they are used? Op, have you had any success with this treatment?

Originally Posted By: dino33
Yeah, I've seen the Scotty Kilmer video as well, I like the guy. I'm using the ATP in my Previa right now for a suspected o-ring/valve cover leak. So far no success, but I've only driven it a couple of hours, so it's too early to tell. Daily Driver's post is a little concerning... "It acutally EATS plastic/teflon/delrin?? type seals" Does anyone know how common these types of seals are and where they are used? Op, have you had any success with this treatment?

Mostly for O RING type seals.... Rear main seals or in the tranny.

I have used in the Tranny and the Engine... They say you can use the Power Steering also.
However each time I have seen it used it has worked very well.

Also there Tranmission Friction Modifier is awesome ... and they have a new INLINE TRANNY FILTER that just plugs into the radiator cooler lines.. So no need to cut

take a look

ATP JX-154 Transmission Filter

23lk50i.jpg

Here is how it looks inside and how to attach to raditor... it even has a bypass incase it gets CLOGED

x5b7s1.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: JAG

Yes, I FINALLY got a hold of their tech dept. and they told me it is a 'plasticizer' agent which only works on rubber/EPDM type seals, and actually EATS plastic/teflon/delrin?? type seals.*

*THEY SHOULD PUT A WARNING ABOUT THIS RIGHT ON THE BOTTLE"S LABEL!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't use this in automatic transmissions or power steering systems. Some of these use Teflon slip seals.

Really old topic but I want to clarify something. Teflon has excellent resistance to Diethylene Glycol Monoethyl Ether (and practically any other chemical you could conceivably find any reason to put in vehicle fluid too).

If in doubt, consult countless chemical compatibility charts, found using search keywords like diethylene glycol monoethyl ether compatibility teflon. Hint: Teflon is more often referred to as PTFE but "teflon" will work fine to find the sites and PDFs showing excellent (highest rating possible) compatibility.

I've used this in my front diff (2008 Sorento)...pinion seal was leaking slightly...I started using it in 2018 with every diff oil change and it hasn't leaked since.

If a topic interests you start a new one. Replying to a decade old topic helps no one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back