2001 PT crusier, oil recs and capacity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't matter a whole lot. I have seen those engines abused pretty hard in the maintenance world by less than studious relatives. They ran pretty well. Motorcraft or Mobil 5000 5w-30 would be my choice.

I don't have my owner's manual with me, mine is a GT, but GT does not have a different manual.

10W30 is recommended for most temperatures.

Mine has been run on 5W30 for over 100,000 miles. Even above 100°F. Granted that has been synthetic. Mostly Quaker State Syn but a few Mobil 1 changes and a Castrol Syntec change when the prices were right

4.5 qts + filter. A 5 qt jug takes care of it. I have to use all 5. Turbo takes about 1/3rd of a quart more. You should have a little left for topping off.

Had one as a rental for 2 weeks, I agree they like fuel. IIRC it waas like 17-18 MPG for mixed driving.

Mobil Super 5W30 in ours since the 60,000 mile mark , don't know what the Previous owner did , has 160,000 now.

Originally Posted By: Hermann
Had one as a rental for 2 weeks, I agree they like fuel. IIRC it waas like 17-18 MPG for mixed driving.

17-18? Sheesh
33.gif

Mine averages 20. maybe 75% city/25% freeway. Not the first time I've heard that the regular model gets worse gas mileage than the turbo.

65mph (with cruise control) gets 26mpg. Only car that I have ever owned that got exactly what the window sticker indicated (revised epa rating is 24 freeway...
21.gif
guess that's a win)

thanks... She bought this 2001 limited after van got totaled in flood. She loves it, and getting real good mileage... Already got a filter, might go with PP or NexG syn... see what happens... Gonna give it a whirl end of Sept... will be back for more tips... Great info, thanks again...

Turbo or not?

Non-turbo versions use 4.5 QT of 5w30.

Check oil regularly, these engines sometimes consume .5qt per 1000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back