OIL CHANGE INTERVAL '13 CHRYSLER 3.6L vvt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Chrysler 200 with the 3.6 v.v.t. 6 cyl. and I guess an idiot light illuminates in the dash when an oil change is in order. I am OK with that, but I am an old every 3K miles oil change guy with gas engines. Any way I was thinking of an oil change at the first 3K miles with Mobil One and then obeying the idiot light for the duration. I have to admit the oil looks darn clean at almost 3K, AM I WASTING MY TIME AND MONEY CHANGING PRIOR TO INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE OIL CHANGE PROCESSING UNIT (ocpu) OR WOULD IT BE WISE TO FRESHEN UP THE OIL IN A NEW MOTOR AT THIS TIME? I have to admit I am worried about screwing up the ocpu for life over this though.

I won't touch the change it early question. Its been gone over hundreds of times here, in fact just this week it was discussed again. I'll leave it as saying there are two schools of thought, some say its good, others call it a waste.

As far as screwing up the "ocpu", you can't. But keep in mind the "ocpu" doesn't know you when you change the oil, you have to reset it. There are instructions for doing it on your owners DVD.

Don't sweat it. Changing early is a feel good mod, but is unlikely to hurt anything.

Note that the accelerator pedal can easily reset almost any car's oil life monitor.

Last edited:
BBD- Out of curiosity, what's it say in the manual for your Pentastar 3.6?

For the 3.6 in my 2013 grand caravan, it recommends 5w20 and wait for the "change oil" message. It also states to not exceed 10K miles or 1yr between oil changes. The Pentastars hold 6qts of oil and have a large cartridge filter.

I plan to follow the OLM on my 2013 3.6L. I might do the first OC around 5Kmi or so. Prolly use Napa synthetic 5w20 like I did on my Honda Odyssey.

That's interesting.
My charger oil change monitor is set by me,based on the oil used,and its a simple mileage reminder.
I've got it set at 3000 miles right now til I establish baseline mpg numbers,them I'm adding mos2 and going to run it again.
Which Chrysler vehicles have which maintenance minders I wonder.

thanks srt8 I think you hit the hail on the head, it's a feel good thing. Maybe I'll fight my emotions off this time and go with logix, wouldn't be the first time.

Darn it I can not seem to find that CD anywhere any how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back