Help me pick my first 1911

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colt Rail Gun (before), Sig Nitron Target, Ruger SR1911 all bought new at decent prices in 2011. Then my Colt (after) with trigger mods, converted to Series 70, full length guide rod and Cerakoted OD Green. I now have black rubberized grips. Shoots very smoothly and quite accurate at 25yds. (but same for the Sig and Ruger!)

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: BISCUT

Roll the dice; if you get a good one they are amazing. If not you won't be very happy.

"Rolling the dice" with a gun doesn't seem like the best idea, in my opinion. I'd rather spend extra for something I know will be reliable.

Each and every manufacturer have a few duds every now and then. You won't truly know until yuo put whatever gun you choose through its paces.

There are a lot of good ones to choose from these days, enjoy.

Of late , I keep coming back to the : Springfield Range Officer ...gorgous , understated Series 70 1911 with a careful thought out design , solid fit and the partial guide rod the way John Browing intended it ...Highly accurate and relaiable right out of the box !! T...his is a bucket list 1911 if there ever was one
smile.gif

I'll just toss this out there to the OP - if you like the 1911, you would probably also like the Hi Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back