2010 Dodge Ram Radiator Drain/Fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drained the radiator on my Dodge today and will be refilling with G-05. When I pulled the drain plug, only about a gallon came out so I pulled the lower hose and another gallon or so came out. I've read that they take up to 14 qts. Does anyone have any advice/ Thanks

The rest is in the engine block/heater core. If there are block drains, unplug them (not sure how much coolant it holds.) I've only pulled out 6-7 qts with I do radiator drain/refills.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: chevman4life
I drained the radiator on my Dodge today and will be refilling with G-05. When I pulled the drain plug, only about a gallon came out so I pulled the lower hose and another gallon or so came out. I've read that they take up to 14 qts. Does anyone have any advice/ Thanks
What if the radiator is leaking?
Pls check visually after filling wil clean water, then drain and fill with coolant.

Ps: all experts on this topic please post your advices, like how to fix minor external leaks from radiatorsetc. Thanks!

I wasn't able to locate the block plugs. Where are they located? Everything is good now, filled up. Just wish I could have gotten more out.

I just change mine every 2 years after the original 3 years on the OEM stuff. Drain and fill is good enough if you do it every 2 maybe 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back