Two potential Atlantic storm threats are brewing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
One in the Carribean and one near Africa..CLICK FOR STORY

al92_tracks.png

Yea, the way they report on these storms of late you would think that Hurricanes have only existed in this decade.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Yea, the way they report on these storms of late you would think that Hurricanes have only existed in this decade.

Yea no kidding. But of course hurricanes now are much different than they used to be because of global climate change. The Weather Channel even had Hurricane Week last week to coincide with Shark Week. Pathetic. The Weather Channel has turned weather into a 24 hour drama.

I still have customers, one in progress, that are not in their houses because of Sandy. All we need is one to head towards NY again, and they may never get into their homes.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
MolaKule said:
But of course hurricanes now are much different than they used to be because of global climate change. The Weather Channel even had Hurricane Week last week to coincide with Shark Week. Pathetic. The Weather Channel has turned weather into a 24 hour drama.

The specialty channels continue to move along with their entertainment agenda, facts be dammed.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/10/01/dr...-last-30-years/

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Great, we have had rain almost every day since June 1st, now this.

Not only everyday, but heavy every day. I'm on Florida's west coast so looks like we're in for some more.

MolaKule said:
Yea, the way they report on these storms of late you would think that Hurricanes have only existed in this decade. [/quote

It seems that way, but then again, I remember through the 70's and 80's we really didn't have that many storms in Florida and those that did come weren't that bad. Then came Andrew. My Dad who is 94 and has lived his whole life in Florida can remember some big ones (like the storm of '28), but I remember David and Fredrick being just kind of a stormy, windy day.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Originally Posted By: MolaKule

Yea no kidding. But of course hurricanes now are much different than they used to be because of global climate change. The Weather Channel even had Hurricane Week last week to coincide with Shark Week. Pathetic. The Weather Channel has turned weather into a 24 hour drama.
Some of those Weather Babes are carrying serious poundage....

More and more houses too close to the water. Where Hurricane Sandy hit you could see row after row of houses where the natural barriers were long ago bulldozed.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
After reading about HAARP and hearing about it from a weatherman i can see why...

Oh Please. I've studied HAARP and the bogus conspiracy horse [censored] that outright frauds like Scott Stevens peddle, a man who never graduated from college and was fired from his TV news weatherman job for lying on his job application, and who now goes around scamming idiots into believing HAARP controls the weather.

Then there is the other fraud Dutchsinse with his bogus HAARP rings showing up on Nexrad. It astonishes me how easy it is to dupe ignorant people into believing crackpot theories, all in the name of profit and self promotion.

http://metabunk.org/threads/debunked-scott-stevens-former-tv-weather-man.463/

http://www.medialine.com/medialineUBB/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=003890

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
More and more houses too close to the water. Where Hurricane Sandy hit you could see row after row of houses where the natural barriers were long ago bulldozed.

People insist on living as close to the water as they possibly can yet if history has taught us anything its that water levels can fluctuate on a massive scale.
Its like those housing communities built on natural flood plains. They've been dry for a century so what's the chances of it flooding anymore. Then that 100 year storm hits and whole sub-divisions are underwater.
Nature is infinitely more powerful than the sticks and rocks we build with. Only a fool believes we can win.
Take Calgary as an example. A metropolis of a few million people. A serious rainstorm in a couple of key areas and the river swelled so much most of the downtown was underwater and alot of the city was absolutely devastated.
Add to it the massive erosion that running water caused and alot of the city can't even rebuild.

The people in NY, NJ, CT, RI have been warned so may times and dodged the hurricane bullet for so many decades they did little to invest in upgrading storm protection. So, now this is the result.

Originally Posted By: JethroBodine

The people in NY, NJ, CT, RI have been warned so may times and dodged the hurricane bullet for so many decades they did little to invest in upgrading storm protection. So, now this is the result.

I can see it with respect to building subdivisions on sandbars, but if you don't build anywhere a natural disaster might happen, where do you suggest we all live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back