Canadian AC Delco oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I got an email back today from my contact at AC Delco and he confirms that the CDN AC Delco
oil filters are made by Dana corporation in Cambridge. Dana makes Wix, just like someone on
here mentioned in another thread.

Patman-- Is that all filters including GM uses? That's kind of strange because I thought they made their own for GM cars. Why would they be buying from an outside source if they were manufacturing?

I'm not 100% sure, as this is the reply I got in my email from the AC Delco rep:

quote:

The majority of our filters are manufactured by Dana Canada in Cambridge.
I believe Dana owns Wix filtration.

I've never opened an AC Delco filter, if I can find something good to cut them with, I've got a spare PF25 filter that I probably won't be using that I could cut open.

Since the OEM Honda filters are Fram in Canada, these AC Delcos are definitely better! The part number for 99% of the Hondas made in the last 10-15 years is the PF1127. Some Walmarts don't have many of these in stock though, so sometimes you have to go to a couple different ones to find one. As a matter of fact I have a PF1127 at my house (my wife has a 2000 Civic so I bought one for her car, but ended up using the K&N oil filter instead)

Yeah actually I saw the pf1127 on the shelf at walmart.. cheap too.. $3.80 or something like that.. They also have a few 4L bottles of the old Tri-Synth Mobil1.. I might just scoop up both. You wouldn't want to cut that puppy open now would ya?
tongue.gif

I'm not sure if this was already posted here but the North Texas Prelude Club did a write up on some oil filters.. It's a little old but still informative. Something to compare to . http://www.ntpog.org/reviews/filters/filters.shtml

Another filter you might consider is the Purolator Premium Plus. For the Honda it's part no L14459. Home Hardware has these for about $6. I am still trying to find out the full tech specs, but it appears these will filter in the 10-20 micron range, while the AC Delco is rated as a 25 micron filter (at what % I don't know though, so these specs are questionable)

quote:

Originally posted by Quick_lude:
Home Hardware sells oil filters?
confused.gif
And they have the Purolator Premium Plus too? Tnx.

Yes, but some of the locations have a very crappy selection. The one I found with the best selection is the one in Streetsville at the corner of Queen and Britannia. Other locations I have been to sometimes only have one or two filters there, and they look like they've been there for ten years (boxes are broken and the cardboard is discolored)

quote:

Originally posted by csandste:
Patman-- Is that all filters including GM uses? That's kind of strange because I thought they made their own for GM cars. Why would they be buying from an outside source if they were manufacturing?

Back in the late '80s we sourced sparkplugs for GM, I was co-director of N.A. ops. Long story short those plugs we actually sourced from mainland China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back