shipping a vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking into shipping my vehicle 1200 miles from Illinois to Texas.

I went online and filled out a request. I received many quotes ranging from $600-1200.

Any experience or advice?

If it's to costly, I'll just take taxis everywhere and keep my 2013 elantra in the garage.

hire a favorite relative to drive it down and ship him/her/it back via cheap priceline flight?

I have no relatives of friends that would be able to drive my car down to me. I'm also to cheap to pay $800+ to ship it one way so looks like I'll be taking public transportation.

I used DAS twice with good results both times. It may take a couple of weeks so be prepared.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Call Shipping Wars...
I think the OP wants his vehicle intact when it gets there. Those people are buffoons and I can't imagine that show isn't staged.

Montway Auto Transport is over near Chicago O'Hare Airport.

Just used them to ship a car to my Niece at college....

www.montway.com/

Half a tank of fuel or less,
check with your car insurance to make sure it's insured during transport,
have a drop off and pickup location scouted out... (big parking lot)
No personal items in the car,
Car must be in running condition
Someone must sign for car at each end
Discount for cash...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Heck, I wouldn't mind doing it for free for a nice long road trip.

Me too. I would make a sightseeing vacation out of it, but I presume the OP has a reason for not considering this option.

I think he has military training.

But I would love to drive cross country from Key West, FL to Seattle, WA just for a sightseeing vacation .

We routinely purchase vehicles from Ludlow Mass and ship them to Florida.

This year for the first time in AGES we actually flew up and drove one home. Shipping was nearly 2k and an airline ticket was 89 bucks.

Paid 300 bucks for fuel, home in 24 hours.

Take pictures of everything bfore you ship and get the extra insurance. I had a friend who shipped a car crossxcountry and it was a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back