ADRL and F.A.S.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently (past couple of years or so) been discovering the ADRL and F.A.S.T. racing, mostly from YouTube. I'm on the west coast, and these seem to be east coast and midwestern things. Both, it seems to me, are injecting new excitement into drag racing. The ADRL Pro Mods are insane, whether they're racing the eighth or quarter. They have doorslammers running the kinds of times that top fuelers were running not too long ago. They seem to be pretty squirelly, like the old fuel altereds. Maybe not that bad.

I was unaware of F.A.S.T. racing until I read an article in a car magazine a few years ago in an auto shop. Again, YouTube has come to the rescue with some cool vids of these cars that are running incredible times on stock-type bias ply tires. I wish they were doing it out here on the left coast, but it seems to be mostly a midwestern deal.

Seems like the only drag racing I can get on TV is some of the big championship NHRA events that are sometimes on one of the ESPN channels. I like watching the funny cars and top fuelers, but they don't show much coverage of the sportsman classes. Every once in a while, SPEED channel will show some alcohol drags, but there's just not much coverage of anything other than the nitro classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back