Valvoline downunder worth looking at !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left work before everything was closed for a change today, and took a walk through the parts place, and specifically looked at the Valvoline range.

Seriously worth a look.

Nextgen petrol 15W-40
Nextgen Diesel 15W-40
Engine Armour 10W-30, 10W-40, and 15W-40
Durablend 10W-30, 10W-40, and 15W-50, and a 5W-30 Dexos
Professional series (workshops) 10W-30, 10W-40, and 15W-40
Maxlife semi synth 20W-50

And before anyone starts talking about bullock trains and Alice Springs...also available in the range
SynPower 0W-20
SynPower 0W-40
SynPower ENV C1 5W-30
SynPower C2 5W-30
SynPower FE 5W-30
SynPower MST 5W-30
SynPower MXL 5W-30
SynPower XL-III 5W-30
SynPower 5W-30 DX1
SynPower 5W-40
SynPower MST 5W-40
SynPower 10W-50

There are a couple of ebay shops on Oz ebay that import US Mobil 1 etc. and sell it to us at way cheaper than $100US/5 litres for Mobil 1 0W-40...

How much would people in the US be prepared to pay for some of our "unobtainable" lubes ?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Left work before everything was closed for a change today, and took a walk through the parts place, and specifically looked at the Valvoline range.

Seriously worth a look.

Nextgen petrol 15W-40
Nextgen Diesel 15W-40
Engine Armour 10W-30, 10W-40, and 15W-40
Durablend 10W-30, 10W-40, and 15W-50, and a 5W-30 Dexos
Professional series (workshops) 10W-30, 10W-40, and 15W-40
Maxlife semi synth 20W-50

And before anyone starts talking about bullock trains and Alice Springs...also available in the range
SynPower 0W-20
SynPower 0W-40
SynPower ENV C1 5W-30
SynPower C2 5W-30
SynPower FE 5W-30
SynPower MST 5W-30
SynPower MXL 5W-30
SynPower XL-III 5W-30
SynPower 5W-30 DX1
SynPower 5W-40
SynPower MST 5W-40
SynPower 10W-50

There are a couple of ebay shops on Oz ebay that import US Mobil 1 etc. and sell it to us at way cheaper than $100US/5 litres for Mobil 1 0W-40...

How much would people in the US be prepared to pay for some of our "unobtainable" lubes ?

Got some nextgen in my sump. Quite happy with it.

Paid 30 with a free drain pan that is more 'hygenic' and made in usa.

Where was this? Hardly see anything else but 5w-40 and 10w-50

Last edited:
Supercheap ? I only go there for oil and paint. I have a trade account at Repco, but sometimes Supercheap is just so...cheap.

The Nextgen 15W40 seems pretty reasonably priced at supercheap auto. It's about $27 or $28 dollars for 5L.

I'm with Crinkles though. Our local supercheap doesn't seem to stock very much at the thinner end of the spectrum. I only eveer see synpower in 5W40 or 10W50. The only thin Valvo oil I can get there is Durablend 5W30.

Oh yeah, and maxlife is a big bummer here. It's available in any grade you want, so long as you want 20W50.

Last edited:
I find the range quite confusing. There seems to be mid saps and high saps versions of the same oil but no mention of this on the bottles in the store. Whats the difference between Engine Armour and Durablend? One is a "synthetic blend" the other is "semi synthetic". Is that not the same?

Some might pay a lot...but you know me...I buy oil on the cheap, my frugal nature, I suppose...my last stash addition was Pennzoil Ultra 5W30 for $2/QT...no way I would pay for importing exotic Aussie oil, no matter how cool it looks!

Cheers,
Astro

I'll pay $5/qt for their 5w-40 HST.

Now, about Alice Springs....
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: supercity
I find the range quite confusing. There seems to be mid saps and high saps versions of the same oil but no mention of this on the bottles in the store. Whats the difference between Engine Armour and Durablend? One is a "synthetic blend" the other is "semi synthetic". Is that not the same?

It's a bit like the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie, the one with Gene Wilder

You skippies & your 15w-40
rolleyes.gif

Nothing there of any interest there really. I can get Motul cheaper than Valvoline here in NZ

You dug up this thread just to say to you can get a good deal on Motul? For the rest of us Valvoline is much cheaper than Mobil or Castrol let alone Motul. However because it's $3/qt more expensive at Walmart it seems barely worthy of reference on BITOG

No, more to laugh at the australians love of thick oil. All this mention of 15w-40 makes me cringe.

BTW previous post was only in July

Not much in the Oz lubricant lineup appears lanolin based, guess that's got to worry kiwis.

Hi,
Shannow - The new Group 5 lubricants being developed from 'roo and Camel fats (our most plentiful animals) will have better characteristics than the Kiwi lanolin based versions

First they need to control the jumps in performance and get over a few humps

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
Shannow - The new Group 5 lubricants being developed from 'roo and Camel fats (our most plentiful animals) will have better characteristics than the Kiwi lanolin based versions

So corny! LOL!!!
cheers3.gif

Thanks Doug, as long as they are compatible with seals, this could be a good thing.

Originally Posted By: SXE10
No, more to laugh at the australians love of thick oil. All this mention of 15w-40 makes me cringe.

BTW previous post was only in July

March actually.

So on the subject of Skippy lubes, what are your thoughts on your own products that have been invading our shores of late like Nulon, Penrite & Gulf Western.

If you want a box of lube I'll send some over
2223a302-397d-4e2b-b3c1-dc414605a806.jpg

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,

You forgot to mention the Queensland banana skin range of lubricants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back