Goodyear Assur. Comfortred Tour vs. CS Tripletred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam's Club has a great deal on both of these with $80 instant savings that expires today. I need to get a new set of tires for the RAV4 size 225/65/17. The Comfortred's have an 80,000 mile warranty and are supposed to quiet and last a long time. Tests from Tire Rack and Consumer Reports say they are soft riding, but just ok in snow and rain. The CS Tripletreds are supposed to be excellent in rain and snow, but with a harsher ride, some tread noise, and a shorter life with a 65,000 mile warranty. The price for both are about the same out the door. Does anyone have any experiences with either of these to help me make my decision TODAY? Thanks!

I put the GY Comfortreds on a 2001 Sonata at 48K (replaced original Michelin MXV). At 84K they were shot. Began quiet, got nosier with use. GY would not make any adjustment - just blew me off. I rotated, had good alignment, always checked pressure. Never again. Warranty is a joke.

I had a set of Tripletreds. Never again. Harsh, noisy, rode like bricks. It took seven to find four round ones. I an NOT a Goodyear fan.

Buy the Goodyears from a vendor that will pro rate them. They Ride and handle well. Some noise. DT prorates my GACTT down here. Best warranty at 6 years and about 80,000 miles.

I'm on my second set of Comfortreds on two different vehicles.

Yes, they have a nice, quiet, soft ride. The traction is more than adequate (I'm just south of Chicago, so I see my share of snow), and I've not had the experience of them getting noisier with age.

I've been taking tread depth readings of the last set as they age. Assuming the wear rate stays the same, I'm looking at 60,000 miles on a 2007 Town and Country minivan... which is a heavier vehicle than yours.

Would I buy them again? I have, and I'd do it again.

Sounds like I'll go with the Comfortreds. Sam's Club will prorate them based on mileage if they wear early as long as you rotate them on schedule. Tripletreds may grip well, but they sound like they ride harshly and are really noisy.

Originally Posted By: JMHC
Sounds like I'll go with the Comfortreds. Sam's Club will prorate them based on mileage if they wear early as long as you rotate them on schedule. Tripletreds may grip well, but they sound like they ride harshly and are really noisy.

Get the details in writing from Sam's and see the fine print. GY used the "suggested retail price" as the basis of prorating. Doesn't take a degree in math to figure you are screwed when they use that or the "current retail price" rather than the actual selling price.

I have 3 months on a set of TT's and I LOVE THEM. They are on our van and they are far, far better than the mich symmetries that came off with 50% treadlife left (they were aged, previous owner).

I have never before liked a GY tire. These are excellent in the wet, handle great in the dry, and are not harsh. the ride is smooth and controlled.

BUT--- if you read the reviews closely, they vary HUGELY with size. For the size we need on our van, they top michelins. In larger truck/suv sizes, they review kinda mediocre or just plain disliked.

If you are rolling in a sedan or minivan, I'd be all over the TT. If it's something larger, I would go straight for a firestone destination LE2 and walk away from GY. just me.

m

I work for Goodyear. As long as tires are worn evenly goodyear warranties are better than any other tire manufacturer. I have comfortreds on my moms car. Got a set of tripletreds going on my car soon. I've had nittos, hankook, continental, Toyo, and Michelins and Goodyear warranties them the best.

I love my comfort treds!!! Best ride of my life. You won't find a v rated tire for a better price and ride. You also don't need to worry about directional rotation with the gy comfort treds.

Last edited:
I am having good success with the G/Y ACT's on my wifes car(4 yrs now). Probably the best G/Y tire that I've ever had in 40 years. The ACT's are still quiet though I read many folks having noise issues with the TT's as they age and aquire more miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back