Scored with Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local Napa was blowing it out at $2.53 a liter. Guess it's not so popular up here? Got enough for two oil changes, and I'm wondering if you guys know how long oil stays good for? The guy at the counter said as long as it not opened it'll last indefinitely. I ask because if you folks give me the green light I'll go get some more tomorrow if they still have any left. Stuff was all dusted up. Got home and did a search on Bitog and it looks like it's a pretty good oil. Sweet. It's going into the Prius. I was planning on sticking with the factory recommended 5w30, but decided I'll give this Kendall 5w20 a shot when the weather cools down up here in a few months. Hopefully this will be alright, there's quite a few guys over at Priuschat that are using 5w20 and even 0w20. Well, thanks for all the help, this place is great. Liquid titanium??? Oh well, here goes...

IMO...it will last indefinitely, as long as the bottles/jugs are stored in a controlled temp climate they should last until the bottles start to leak.

I have some oils, included in my stash, that are rated API-SL. They are stored in my basement where they are not subjected to the harsh cold nor the roasting summers.

Royal Purple, Castrol Syn Blend, Tection and Valvoline DuraBlend all in API-SL ratings.

They will get used......eventually.

I ordered a case of it.Not readily available around here and have run it for almost 6 K. I like the way runs and after I change it in a week , I will try and find more.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Kendall has one of, if not the best additive packs of any major brand. Excellent stuff, I just cant find a deal on it. I would go ahead and stock up!

You can get it online for less than even the 5qt jugs at WalMart even with shipping. I just got 2 cases of full syn 5W20 delivered, for my Brother, and even with shipping the p/qt price was just $4.64.

For that price in your country, buy all they have.
The oil will remain good for years.
If you're really woried about it, put it in your basement.
Even in the garage, it will remain perfectly useable as long as you might have it.
I posted a 7K UOA in the spring from some garage-stored PP 5W-30 that I had bought BOGO in 2006.
The UOA was very clean with solid residual TBN.
And, no, I didn't shake the quarts before pouring them in, either.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Kendall has one of, if not the best additive packs of any major brand. Excellent stuff, I just cant find a deal on it. I would go ahead and stock up!

You can get it online for less than even the 5qt jugs at WalMart even with shipping. I just got 2 cases of full syn 5W20 delivered, for my Brother, and even with shipping the p/qt price was just $4.64.

NH - where did you buy it? Was it at Petroleum Service Company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back