Do oil additives really work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is a good article, and I hope many people will take the time to read it. It is also very clarifying about how the oil industry works. They leave the truth out, and get away with it, because of the costs to prove them wrong.

This is a good article, and seems to validate the use of additives. However, SFR is kinda pricy! To treat my 12 qt diesel it would cost approx $47.00 plus shipping.

Well; Bull! Same old snake oil pitch. I quote from a paragraph very near the beginning:

"In actuality additives are used in most all lubricants, because even the best synthetic base oils cannot protect vital parts alone, as it’s the additives that do all of the work"

"...as it’s the additives that do all of the work"

Really? ALL of the work? HaHa. That's a good one.

These guys are really amateurs in the con business.

My $0.02

"In actuality additives are used in most all lubricants, because even the best synthetic base oils cannot protect vital parts alone, as it’s the additives that do all of the work"

Perhaps NOT ALL the work but otherwise a true statment, depending on the lubes application that is very true, a AW hydrualic oil will have about 1% "additive" a PCMO will have about 10% plus VII.
bruce

quote:

Originally posted by oil pan 4:
Blue STP oil treatment is 2% ZDDP that is all I need to know.

Wait, you need to know that the Red STP 4-Cylinder stuff is also about 2% and is probably half as thick as the blue ( Red VOA ).

But SLOB (CD-2 Street Legal Oil Boost) is nearly 5%!

quote:

Originally posted by gtx510:
First post? welcome
Is there a cliff notes version?

hey, thanks...

I don't think there is a cliff notes version. Not that I have found anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back