Need updated Napa Syn 0w-20 PDS (Old one is linked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone has the latest PDS for Napa Syn 0w-20 (The latest SN version)?

I found an old thread that has one dated March 31, 2011. I believe there was at least one change since, probably even 2 (based on Valvoline synpower showing 2 subsequent PDS posting dates, the latest one being effective 6/6/2012 and assuming it's a similar of not the exact same formulation)

Between the Napa 0w-20 PDS in the old thread and the current VSP 0w-20 on Valvoline's website, the VSP has a relatively better spec. Was wondering if someone had the latest Napa Syn 0w-20 PDS that could be used to compare.

Thanks.

1st of the 3 once-a-day bumps to get some info. If no response, I will assume that no one has the PDS info for the latest Napa Syn 0w-20.

BTW, I will try and connect with Valvoline/Napa to see if they can provide it, but I am not very optimistic about it. If I get it, I will post it here.

Thanks.

Just got the MSDS on the Napa Syn 0w-20, 5w-20 and 5w-30 from Ashland. Still waiting on the PDS.

Compared the MSDS for 0w-20 between Napa and Valvoline and it is identical. The chemical constituents (of the base stocks?) are same and are in the same ranges. I understand that there could be some variation within those ranges between Napa and Valvolne oils, but it seems they are much closer than they are apart as far as base mix goes.

Details below:

3. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS

Hazardous Components // CAS-No. - Trade Secret No. // Concentration

HEAVY PARAFFINIC DISTILLATE // 64742-54-7 // >=70- HYDROTREATED HEAVY PARAFFINIC BASE OIL // 64742-54-7 // >=20- RESIDUAL OILS (PETROLEUM), SOLVENT-DEWAXED // 64742-62-7 // >=1.5-<5%

Last edited:
Just wanted to share that I finally heard back from Ashland.

I got the same (as the older post linked in OP) rev 007 dated March 2011 which I received as the latest as of 8/6/2013 from Ashland. I have my reservations about this being really the latest. I was emailed a rev 004 as latest that did not included 0w-20 and upon follow-up this rev 007. So I can't tell for sure if the person sending these to me was diligent about sending me the latest. That said, they did respond to the request so kudos for that.

Anyway, here's the image from the earlier post again in case the community finds it useful.

Again, if anyone finds a more recent version, please share.

NapaSynPDS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back