Mann oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for your valuable input to my questions, it does seem 3.5in is the optimum length of the oil filter for this vehicle, and yes this vehicle/engine only has 50000 kms on it and has been using synthetic since 1600kms doesn't burn any.
I use Amsoil ASL or SSO 5W30 or 0W30 never any further than 6000 to 8000mls on a change.

Originally Posted By: BAD1
Thanks everyone for your valuable input to my questions, it does seem 3.5in is the optimum length of the oil filter for this vehicle, and yes this vehicle/engine only has 50000 kms on it and has been using synthetic since 1600kms doesn't burn any.
I use Amsoil ASL or SSO 5W30 or 0W30 never any further than 6000 to 8000mls on a change.

I think you have nothing to worry about with those OCIs ... just use a good quality 3.5" long filter.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Yes, from the two applications I've seen.

Son of a gun. I just ordered one of those type. An ML1005.
The filter is fine but BORING!
Guess I'll keep getting the VW Dealership ones just because they're different. I like Puros, but I could have just stuck a decal on one.

So even though it is obtained in Canada through Amsoil it is still from the states right?

Meaning what you said still applies.

Last edited:
I have used MANN Oil filter before and its good, the only thing it dont have a SILICONE ADBV, however its very well constructed and has metal end caps and the bottom bypass is brass.

Very nice filter, Some people think they are no good b.c they do not have a FANCY box.

lol

Originally Posted By: David1
... and the bottom bypass is brass.

Nice stuff.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back