Apple's walled garden hacked by charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I'm not trying to stir up a hornets nest but thought this was a really ingenious or interesting method of system cracking an iphone. Can't stand the stuff i hear out of many apple users how impossible it is to "hack" their systems. As an afterthought what else lurks out there to be broken into?

Page 1

Page 2

Everything can be hacked.

Even a BlackBerry
wink.gif

Honestly I cant remember the last time anyone with a Iphone told me It couldnt be hacked.

Everything can be hacked indeed.

Having said that though, this requires a compromised charging adapter to be attached to the phone? OK...

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
Everything can be hacked.

Even a BlackBerry
wink.gif

Honestly I cant remember the last time anyone with a Iphone told me It couldnt be hacked.

By being such a popular ecosystem, they invite more attempts at exploiting holes. For years, this was the argument for why "Macs don't get viruses". (not worth the effort since PCs outnumber them 8:1)

Originally Posted By: dparm
By being such a popular ecosystem, they invite more attempts at exploiting holes. For years, this was the argument for why "Macs don't get viruses". (not worth the effort since PCs outnumber them 8:1)

With physical access anything is possible, so it's not surprising since the main jailbreak is tethered. So simply emulate the sync protocol which is what they did.

And the Marketshare argument is hugely [censored].
The most widely used Web server is Apache, the most hacked is IIS
There are many other examples out there and it's more a function of "it's harder to write a Mac virus" rather than solely marketshare.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Originally Posted By: dparm

With physical access anything is possible, so it's not surprising since the main jailbreak is tethered. So simply emulate the sync protocol which is what they did.

And the Marketshare argument is hugely [censored].
The most widely used Web server is Apache, the most hacked is IIS
There are many other examples out there and it's more a function of "it's harder to write a Mac virus" rather than solely marketshare.

Except that the Lightning cable includes a security chip (which apparently has also been hacked, ha).

EVERYTHING. Sometimes a judge will sign a warrant to look into someone's phone for me, and the things that the tech detective can do is amazing. I get this really long print out of practically every time the dude even looks at his phone. Nothing is private.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back