Pennzoil Platinum 0w20 vs 5w20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAP has a sale going on for PP and a Fram Ultra filter. They didn't have the 0w20 in stock, so I bought two 5w20 5 quart jugs. What are your thoughts on the 5w20 PP compared to the 0w20? I can always find the 0w20 and exchange it out. I plan on putting this in the Civic. I like the idea that it is basically free with the rebates from Fram and Pennzoil for both.

I am running it in my 09 Civic who by the way has starting problems. It is known 09 have had startup problems see Civic Forum, the 0-20 oil seems to start even faster. You have to turn the ignition key fast etc. With 0-20 not so much. Even google the problem more insight.

PP 0w20 has better basestocks and lower NOACK. PP 5w20 is a little lighter in regular conditions.

Looking at PP 0W20 specs and it's price, I don't see any reason to use it other than to respect the warranty of the newest vehicles that have 0W20 on the fill cap.

I actually think people that have a car that is newer and specs 5W20 are lucky.

Gives you more options on the WM oil aisle that's for sure.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
PP 0w20 has better basestocks and lower NOACK. PP 5w20 is a little lighter in regular conditions.

What is the difference in base stocks? Can you please show how they are different?

Originally Posted By: Cooper
Originally Posted By: gregk24

What is the difference in base stocks? Can you please show how they are different?
The lower NOACK with the 0w20 vs 5w20 points to the fact that better base stocks are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back