Opinion on Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great oil, great price. Now its evrn dexos approved. Goes well for ford and gm cars. Use it with confidence and no worries.

I used it on my lincoln aviator with a motorcraft filter.

I think it's a very good oil and a bargain at WM in the 5 qt. jug for $20.97. QSUD seems to tout it's ability to reduce wear while it's first cousin PP touts it's cleaning abilities.
I will probably start using QSUD 5w30 in my Cruze turbo (over Mobil 1) now that I've decided to keep the OCI's at 5K...(UOA's on the 1.4T seem to show it's tough on oil).

PS: I wasn't aware that a 5w20 could meet dexos1? Do any new GMs call for this grade?

It is a good synthetic, friends and I have a whole stash of it we bought for a rally cross car.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Pbm, I believe dexos 2 is gm's 5w20 spec. Dexos 1 is the spec for 5w30.

dexos1 is for gas engines.

dexos2 is for diesel engines.

Some new GM engines do call for a dexos1 5w20.

Originally Posted By: pbm
PS: I wasn't aware that a 5w20 could meet dexos1? Do any new GMs call for this grade?

I was interested as well. Someone on another thread mentioned that their new Chevy Spark takes a 20 weight.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Pbm, I believe dexos 2 is gm's 5w20 spec. Dexos 1 is the spec for 5w30.

dexos1 is for gas engines.

dexos2 is for diesel engines.

Some new GM engines do call for a dexos1 5w20.

That makes sense, I stand corrected.

I'm running the 0w20 in tthe fit and subaru. Works well and better with some Moly help from some genuine subaru SM 0w20 Idemitsu moly-laden oil.

Read here that the PP and QSUD is now the very same oil. Measured specs on both samples look the same in the (only semi-revealing) PQIA test.

BTW a subbing 1/2QT OF Rotella T5 10w30 in the sump of 0w20 is a nice adds booster for these traditionally weakly additised GF5 oil. You can really feel and hear the difference.

Last edited:
Dont let the moronic flat earthers deride you about seat of the pants observations - A true master uses ALL his senses. hydroprocessed MINERAL oil is being sold as FULL Synthetic and "they" take that balogna lure hook line and sinker.
THE AGE OF IDIOCRACY

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

Read here that the PP and QSUD is now the very same oil. Measured specs on both samples look the same in the (only semi-revealing) PQIA test.

Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back