2009 Land Rover LR2 oil recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's lr2 is due for an oil change....any recommendations for a synthetic oil?.......being a diesel guy myself I was thinking of trying Rotella T6......thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks in advance!.....I've been reading here all morning and found lots of good info

Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30. If you cant find that at Walmart, try Mobil 1 0w-30 or Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30.

If you care to order online, get some Amsoil Signature Series 0w-30.

Vehicle has 30,000 miles on it..Daily driven approximately 20 miles to/from work.......Living in Wisconsin we have 100+ degree summer days and -30 Degree F days in the winter months.

Land rover recommends Castrol Oils

Here are the specs LR recommends....
Use only SAE 5W-30 oils conforming to:-
ACEA A1/B1 + ILSAC GF3, or ILSAC
specification GF-4, or ACEA A5/B5

6 cyl. motor

Originally Posted By: mhines
Vehicle has 30,000 miles on it..Daily driven approximately 20 miles to/from work.......Living in Wisconsin we have 100+ degree summer days and -30 Degree F days in the winter months.

Land rover recommends Castrol Oils

Here are the specs LR recommends....
Use only SAE 5W-30 oils conforming to:-
ACEA A1/B1 + ILSAC GF3, or ILSAC
specification GF-4, or ACEA A5/B56 cyl. motor

Those specs are nothing out of the ordinary. Most decent synthetic off the shelf oils will meet them and beat them. Your wife's commute is about 5,000 miles per year. Is her commute local/highway or both? That will help determine your OCI. I don't know how tough your LR2 is on oil. My F-150 4.6 is easy on oil but I still change it at 5,000 miles once a year out of convenience so I don't have to do it in the winter in the snow and ice. I use Motorcraft 5W-20 synblend. Again there are many low cost synthetic oils that can service your needs. If she drive lots of highway then she can most likely extend her OCI. What does Land Rover suggest for OCI's? Do you have a true oil change minder, not just a mileage counter.

Whimsey

Okay, so a light 30wt oil is specified.

I'd go along with randomhero439's recommendations of M1 0-30, PP 5W-30 or Amsoil 0W-30 as preferred choices.
I'd also add Sustina 5W-30 or SynGard 5W-30 if you can find them.

Thanks all!...........The LR is easy on oil manufacturer recommends 7,500 mile oil changes.......Would a 5w-40 be bad?? The reason I ask is I am running that in my diesel truck, and if I could just buy one oil for both, it would make things a little simpler.

But since the LR only has 30,000 miles on it I want to run whats best for its longevity!

Thanks for all the info everyone.............Changed the oil yesterday with Mobil 1 5w-30 synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back