FUCHS TITAN Supersyn LONGLIFE SAE 5W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, the oil that Fuchs shows for my car is this one:

Titan GT1 XTL 5w-40

The Titan GT1 with XTL technology 5w-40
confused.gif

BTW, the SM version of this oil (Non-XTL) had a flash point of 250C!

THe SN version, which is XTL is 230C.....
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Interesting, the oil that Fuchs shows for my car is this one:

Titan GT1 XTL 5w-40

The Titan GT1 with XTL technology 5w-40
confused.gif

So they're recommending an LL-04 oil?

Not what BMW would have recommended...

BMW_oil_type_by_engine_5_2009.png

Fuchs recommended this for my Fiat too. I was surprised to find it at a local and its the cheapest euro 5w40 I have found. Does anyone have a PDS?

Fuchs is slow to respond, but they will send you a PDS if you wait -- they'll also give you the unpublished data if you ask, such as HTHS, NOACK, CCS/MRV, etc.

This oil peaked my interest today.

Spec's:
ACEA A3 / B4
API SN/SM/CF

BMW LONGLIFE-01
MB-APPROVAL 229.5
PORSCHE A40
RENAULT RN0700
RENAULT RN0710
VW 502 00
VW 505 00

These are all formal approvals
thumbsup2.gif

http://www.fuchs-europe.com/products.html

Anybody have any experience with this oil? They require you e-mail them for a PDS, so that's what I've done.

Would LOVE to get my hands on this stuff. If you find a source, PLEASE let me know...I think for us in NA it is a sleeper.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Where would you get it? The 135i might like that...

There's a Canadian distributor not all that far from me. There's a number of them in the US. Seems their industrial lubes are popular here.

Where WHEre WHERE?

Originally Posted By: pscholte

There's a Canadian distributor not all that far from me. There's a number of them in the US. Seems their industrial lubes are popular here.

Where WHEre WHERE?

Just fire 'em off an e-mail, that's what I did. I may order some in the next little bit. Right now I'm running PU 5w-40.

While I've never tried to get this specific oil in the US, the distributors here won't order things like that unless you want some huge amount like several cases or a drum.

Originally Posted By: pscholte

Where WHEre WHERE?

Just fire 'em off an e-mail, that's what I did. I may order some in the next little bit. Right now I'm running PU 5w-40.

I sent them an email a few days ago...so far, crickets

Oh no! An "oil tanker" with the Fuchs logo on the side just pulled up in front of the house. You don't suppose when I pretended to order 50 bbls I actually hit the order button do you? I would settle for 12-18 litres if I could just get my hands on some.

I just received 20 L of Fuchs Titan SuperSyn 5W-40. It will be going into my Miata's. I met the new Florida distributor on an airplane. The price point was a bit higher than the M1 0W-40 that I have in the Miata's now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back