WearEver Platinum vs ProStop Ceramic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a question about store brand brake pads, or even shoes.

I do read good reviews about NAPA Adaptive Brake Pads and AutoZone DuraLast Gold Pads. But, has anyone tried with good/bad success, the AAP WearEver Platinum Ceramic or the PB's ProStop Premium Ceramic Pads?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on these ceramic pads. Not that these pads from either store have any special prices going on(compared with RockAuto or Amazon), with the exception of some rebates/prepaid cards.

But, I don't really hear much about them as compared to the larger name brand brake pads/shoes such as Raybestos, Bendix, Wagner, Centric etc.!

Your thoughts folks
smile.gif

Last edited:
Wearever platinums react very similar to my Raybestos Advanced Technology pads I had before. Both give a better bite than OEM pads I had. And the braking improves significantly once you put on some miles and pads get broken in. Out of all the store brands, I've had the best luck with Wearever rotors. NAPA and CQ aren't far behind but do tend to wrap occassionally. Hope this helps. Very low dust on both pads and no noise.

I mostly end up using Wearever golds, because that is what is available on the shelf here. If the oem pads were ceramic for the application, then I don't think there is a difference between the gold pads and the platinums. The platinums come with hardware that the golds do not.

As far as store brands go, I don't see a noticeable difference between the brands.

I put about 1000 miles on a Camry with AAP Wearever Ceramics. Good fit, easy install, and very good stopping after break-in.
They are quiet, fade resistant, and hopefully provide decent longevity.

Originally Posted By: AVB
I mostly end up using Wearever golds, because that is what is available on the shelf here. If the oem pads were ceramic for the application, then I don't think there is a difference between the gold pads and the platinums. The platinums come with hardware that the golds do not.

As far as store brands go, I don't see a noticeable difference between the brands.

Yes indeed, I realize that the GOLD's come in "Application Specific Friction" or "Friction Specific" meaning that, what ever your vehicle came with(semi-mets or ceramic), these GOLD Pads will be OE-Like!

OTOH, the PLATINUM's are strictly ceramic for all applications, and have a 4 layer shim(quieter operation) on the backing plate instead of the GOLD's 3 layer shim. And the Plat's may have more "ceramic" friction material(?) as we all know that "CERAMIC" could mean many things(mostly marketing!) And extra hardware as you mentioned...again, vehicle specific I guess!

Thanks for the replys folks. Keep'em coming
smile.gif

Last edited:
I haven't put my pads on yet but I have the wearever platinums and the construction looks excellent and the packaging too, with the pads being heat shrinked in plastic so they don't tumble around during shipping, this speaks to quality.

Everyone who has had enough miles on the platinums always comments how long they last but still retain oem braking performance with low dust. I'm just waiting for a good rotor deal, might use the app coupon codes soon.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I haven't put my pads on yet but I have the wearever platinums and the construction looks excellent and the packaging too, with the pads being heat shrinked in plastic so they don't tumble around during shipping, this speaks to quality.

Everyone who has had enough miles on the platinums always comments how long they last but still retain oem braking performance with low dust. I'm just waiting for a good rotor deal, might use the app coupon codes soon.

Good info, thanks! And thanks to the other members as well for your input.

I may consider the WearEver Platinum's with AAP Discount Codes if they're a better price than what I've been buying. Maybe some rotors too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back