2006 dodge charger RT 60000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyone got any info on these cars. I need a 4 door that will tow our small camper and this fits the bill.
I like the hemi,this car is fully loaded,all the options,and what's this bump shift all about.
How about tuning and is there any real point.
I found with my truck premium 100% gasoline netted 2-3 mpg so is this also 89 octane required.
Is traction control defeatable. I want to be able to completely break the tires loose. And is it 5w-20 in this car. I've got lots of ultra so that's covered.
Any issues I should be aware of. Tranny issues,hemi tick.
Yeah so fill me in.
Thanks

The engines are tough, no problem there. The trans is too if it's been maintained properly. At 60k miles it's ready for a flush and filter. Autostick allows you to manually shift the slushbox.

Diablosport is the tune for Modern Mopars. With a tuner you can defeat the ESP system. These cars have integrated stability control, traction control, and Brake lock Differential systems that all work together, very sophisticated. The factory defeat button will only retard the system a notch, to defeat it you need a tuner.

Thanks Steve. I was hoping you'd see this.
So diablo sport then. Any particular model. I've tuned my mustangs with sct and I like the handhelds.
What do you suggest. I'd prefer to keep it simple and not buy one of those models like the bully dog that have those displays,just a handheld however your the man when it comes to the hemi so I'll buy whatever you suggest.
The only reason I'm even considering buying this car is because of my last hemi. Engine was great. Lots of torque. I'm excited to feel what its capable of in a vehicle that weighs 2000 pounds less.
And 4 doors was also a determining factor. The old lady said no more mustangs,and I need a car that's winter capable as well. And believe it or not the charger is easier on gas than her minivan,so I'm going to drive the chev come winter and maybe sell her van.
What kind of power will a tuner equal put to. My mustang was a new animal when I put 94 octane in and advanced the timing,definitely worth buying.
Is it worth it for this car or is it noticeable.
And fuel injection. Are these still speed density or mass air.

Thanks Steve.

SHould be MAF. Be aware: holds SEVEN quarts of oil!

It's due for spark plugs (there are 16)...might need brakes. Warped front rotors are not an uncommon issue on these cars...if so, I would replace them with aftermarket rotors.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

It's due for spark plugs (there are 16)...might need brakes. Warped front rotors are not an uncommon issue on these cars...if so, I would replace them with aftermarket rotors.

I changed the plugs in my last hemi. I'm still sore from doing it. I think my last hemi held 7 quarts too.
As far as rotors go shouldn't I be able to feel them while braking,a shudder.
What brand aftermarket. I've got a supplier for drilled and slotted rotors,so should I be looking for something specific.

Thanks

I have an 09 i bought new and now have 93k on it. I have not had 1 issue with it, knock wood! It tows my trailer with two motorcycles on it no problem. I had a diablo tuner and k&n fipk intake. I didnt notice any difference so i went back to stock. Diablo does not shut off traction control for daily use, only dyno use. There is a key trick that supposedly turns it off. Tried it all and never get more than a chirp from the tires with 372hp. I have the R/T with road and track pack that has the SRT style seats. Very comfortable and great on trips.

Randy.
What mods have you done to get that kind of hp. Just a cai or exhaust too.
I am not a fan of traction control at all. I'd like the ability to turn it right off. What can the diablo sport adjust?
Thank you for the info.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

I changed the plugs in my last hemi. I'm still sore from doing it. I think my last hemi held 7 quarts too.
What brand aftermarket. I've got a supplier for drilled and slotted rotors,so should I be looking for something specific.

Thanks

AFAIK, all Hemis are 7 quarts (SRT's might be 8). Mine had a shimmy through the steering...I don't know the brand, I sold my Mag. I know a guy who did the swap on a Charger and just asked him. I'll post his reply. I THINK they were from SSBC.

That is the stock hp on the 09's with road and track pack. 368hp for 09 hemi then Dodge claims 5 more on the intake which is off the SRT. The Diablo had 3 preprogrammed tunes. Plus you could turn off the MDS, reset the adaptives and actually make changes to the fuel curves which I never tried because I didnt want to mess anything up. You could also read and clear codes.

Well I've put 500 miles on this car in the past 17 hours and I gotta say I'm really liking it
It's not quite like driving my mustangs. They are more of an in tune with the road type of experience. This charger with the slushbox isn't quite as responsive however I couldn't imagine a better family sedan for carting the kids around.
I've got the rear DVD player which is a plus. It's got headphones so the kids can watch their movies while we still listen to music.
Handles a lot better than I thought it would for its size. Great torque.
And it has oil pressure in pounds and temp digital. Awesome.
So if anyone who has one I've got 19 pounds of oil pressure at hot idle. Does that sound right.
Anyways I'm very happy with this car.

however I couldn't imagine a better family sedan for carting the kids around.
Surely, you are joking right?

Originally Posted By: dwcopple

No actually I'm being serious.
It's got enough legroom for them to be comfortable,the DVD player with headphones.
Entertaining them means less repetition of "are we there yet"

Thanks Steve. I was hoping you'd see this.
So diablo sport then. Any particular model. I've tuned my mustangs with sct and I like the handhelds.
What do you suggest. I'd prefer to keep it simple and not buy one of those models like the bully dog that have those displays,just a handheld however your the man when it comes to the hemi so I'll buy whatever you suggest.
The only reason I'm even considering buying this car is because of my last hemi. Engine was great. Lots of torque. I'm excited to feel what its capable of in a vehicle that weighs 2000 pounds less.
And 4 doors was also a determining factor. The old lady said no more mustangs,and I need a car that's winter capable as well. And believe it or not the charger is easier on gas than her minivan,so I'm going to drive the chev come winter and maybe sell her van.
What kind of power will a tuner equal put to. My mustang was a new animal when I put 94 octane in and advanced the timing,definitely worth buying.
Is it worth it for this car or is it noticeable.
And fuel injection. Are these still speed density or mass air.

Thanks Steve.

All new gen hemis are speed density, No MAF. You should be able to find a used unmarried Predator for cheap, Diablo supplies free updates for life. All their tuners have the exact same tunes, just more toys. The Predator is the no frills model.

7 quarts of oil in any LX/LC body. IMO the tuner is worth it just for the trans update, huge difference in shifts. You really don't gain a lot, but the gains are biggest on the older hemis.

Thanks

He's not sure, but they were from either Cragar or Power Stop. They were cryogenically treated, and have outlasted the OE rotors by a factor of four (and counting).

Originally Posted By: dwcopple

No actually I'm being serious.
It's got enough legroom for them to be comfortable,the DVD player with headphones.
Entertaining them means less repetition of "are we there yet"
372 ponies and RWD should be a blast in the snow covered winter roads, eh?

From experience: an LX car on winter tires is incredible. It passed the toughest test I have done: stop halfway up a steep hill, back up a few feet, then try to get going again. Also, the traction/stability control on that car is superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back