M&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not done much with pistol in years and have been mostly rifle and shotgun. This year I got into clays with 12, 20, 410 shotgun and love it.

Got me back to pistol. I took an armorer class for M&P with a friend last year and was thinking of getting into IDPA matches. So, I ordered a M&P pro 9 and pro 40 (5" barrel, Novak sights). Carry Glock every day so wanted something different. The 9 came in 2 weeks ago. I changed out the trigger with a trigger/sear alum kit from APEX. They advertise its the closest to a 1911 a poly pistol can get...

After a lot of tweaking I got it in and adjusted to where I like it. Sure is everything they claim it to be!!! This is a comp pistol only and breaks clean at about 3.2-3.5lbs. Straight back and minor take up. Makes a huge difference shooting it.

Happy guy!!

I thought that IDPA was not supposed to be race guns. I am glad to hear you have it just the way you want, but am confused why you'd go to such trouble for a competition that is supposed to be for EDC guns.

I'll have to read up on the rules...I think trigger is an acceptable mod. Maybe it's 2 lite and I'll have to change the spring to make a heavier pull.

I also shoot a M&P with an Apex sear. I want the full trigger setup. Apex is a nice group of people, I have visited their shop a couple of times.

Originally Posted By: 2cool
I thought that IDPA was not supposed to be race guns. I am glad to hear you have it just the way you want, but am confused why you'd go to such trouble for a competition that is supposed to be for EDC guns.

The M&P pro is a longer barrel/slide and the Apex trigger is just a few of drop in parts. Neither are "race gun" parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back