Amsoil Advertising Reaching Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
Just an observation:

I am now seeing Amsoil advertising on Weather Underground, and two Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) sites.

They are all linking to the Amsoil Corporate Website.

Amsoil is "pouring on the coals."

Last edited:
It's because of your web browsing. Amsoil us marketing to YOU (or, perhaps more accurately, people like you. Which includes you). AdsByGoogle tracks your browsing history when you hit a page that uses google's tracking stuffz, then you get specific ads tailored to your viewing. You view sites having to do with motor oil, thus you get motor oil ads. Try visiting sites for LCD TVs for a few days, magically your ads will change.

They had some ads earlier in the year in Car and Driver. They have definitely increased their advertising over the last few years.

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
It's because of your web browsing. Amsoil us marketing to YOU (or, perhaps more accurately, people like you. Which includes you). AdsByGoogle tracks your browsing history when you hit a page that uses google's tracking stuffz, then you get specific ads tailored to your viewing. You view sites having to do with motor oil, thus you get motor oil ads. Try visiting sites for LCD TVs for a few days, magically your ads will change.

If that's the case, why should the adds appear in the two most public Ham Radio Sites and not others?

On these two sites in question, advertisers pay to advertise.

Last edited:
They still pay to be on the site, it's just that since site owner(s) have given a portion of their inventory to Google, you will see advertisers who use Google come through for that specific ad.

their lubricants are being made cheaper so they can advertise more!! not on my $$$$$$

Originally Posted By: benjy
their lubricants are being made cheaper so they can advertise more!! not on my $$$$$$

Really?!

Well, zpinch, you do know that Amsoil advertises at every major sporting event, and they have all those big logos on F1 cars. Oh, wait.
wink.gif

Volume brings economy.
I just received an order from them and got stellar service and products.
That's worth paying for.

Originally Posted By: zpinch

Really?!

Yeah because someone read somewhere on the interwebs that they cut back on PAO use, and of course everyone knows that less PAO=less quality.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Just an observation:

I am now seeing Amsoil advertising on Weather Underground, and two Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) sites.

They are all linking to the Amsoil Corporate Website.

Amsoil is "pouring on the coals."

With the retirement of the founder of the company, their business is moving in a new direction.

I predict that in a couple of years we will start seeing Amsoil on store shelves...maybe even WM.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: zpinch

Really?!

Yeah because someone read somewhere on the interwebs that they cut back on PAO use, and of course everyone knows that less PAO=less quality.
PAO could be considered lower quality when Amsoil started using it in the middle 1990s.

Originally Posted By: Kuato

With the retirement of the founder of the company, their business is moving in a new direction.

I predict that in a couple of years we will start seeing Amsoil on store shelves...maybe even WM.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Although their dealers will probably put up a good fight. I wonder what the verbiage is they have with their dealers with regard to them going into stores like AAP, AZ, WMT, etc.

AMSOIL is already on store shelves all over the country, use their locator to find one near you. AMSOIL Corp. does not set up stores to sell its products. Its up to your local dealers to approach auto parts stores or service centers that have less than 12 stores owned by 1 single person. This policy will keep it out of Walmart, Menards etc for good reason. Why not talk to a T-1 dealer in your area before spouting off the nonsense some of you guys put on here about AMSOIL. Again the Locator on their website will help you find a reputable dealer or ask Pablo in here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back