New AR build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally built out one of my lowers, and added this Magpul trigger guard as the theme for my build.

41dc6IDFWRL._SY300_.jpg

I was going for a rifle that's a SHTF gun, something I can beat to death, and a gun I can do carbine courses that have high round counts with.
Specs:

Stag lower and LPK.
BCM mid length upper with a 12in Danial Defense rail.
BCM bolt carrier group.
BCM Gunfighter charging handle Mod 4
BCM 16" BFH Mid Length Upper Receiver Group with Daniel Defense RIS II
Magpul CTR stock and MOE+ grip all in flat dark earth.
ARMs flip up BIUS.
Geissele SSA trigger
Magpul MS3 sling plus forward sling mount and ASAP ring.
EOTech 552
PWS FSC 556 muzzle break

Total cost around $2,900ish.

Nice AR looking forward to shooting it, and saving up for my big $$$ LaRue 20in DMR build with a piece of glass on top that will cost more than my first car did!
cool.gif

That's a nice upper, and nice overall build. I didn't even know Magpul had that as an optional trigger guard, very cool. I have 2 lowers waiting for parts, and will pick up another lower that matches one of them so I can build a green and a tan AR that match my black one, yes I am weird like that.

I still need optics for my SOCOM II, and I am strongly leaning towards a Trijicon ACOG. I have an Aimpoint Comp ML2 an a GG&G cantilever mount on my AR. My best friend as an Eotech on his Bushmaster ACR, very nice optic.

The BCM charging handle is seriously BAMF hardware, I run the 4 on my AR and I have a couple sitting around for other builds.

Nice build! Get a pic of the whole setup when you get done if you want to.. (Before the accident with the boat that you loose it)
whistle.gif

Should be a nice shooter and rock solid.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
(Before the accident with the boat that you loose it)
whistle.gif

Never ceases to amaze me how many firearms are lost in tragic canoeing accidents in kiddie pools. It has happened to me at least 8 times.

I've never been much of a fan of the little sayings on guns. But after the recent trial, I wouldn't even think of putting something like that on a gun that might be used in self defense.

Antis didn't outlaw them in Virginia, and prices are returning to normal.

Bought a box of .223 today for $8.00. Looked at a few AR rifles...but I already own a few and a 1911 is next on my list.

A Massachusetts State Trooper told me the other day, when discussing this very topic, "that's because you still live in America"...

But as one born in CT, cradle of precision manufacturing and of firearms in this country, I am saddened by the short-sighted CT politicians these days....

Originally Posted By: hatt
I've never been much of a fan of the little sayings on guns. But after the recent trial, I wouldn't even think of putting something like that on a gun that might be used in self defense.

I can almost see the headline, "Poor, down on his luck uninvited entreprenuer gunned down by gun toting political extremist landowner."

Think of how many newspapers they could sell...

Last edited:
I have more than one rifle and pistol, this is not a HD firearm. Just an extension of my modern military rifle collection.

I was just trying to have a little fun with the trigger guard, and since I enjoy shooting I like making it a bit more fun when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back