Wax / Sealant Which Dries Clear ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired of digging dried white wax out from seams and such on my car ...Can you recommend a easy to obtain , good quality wax or sealant which dries clear and doesn't leave white dust or dry white cake in body seams ?

Originally Posted By: randomhero439
Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax is easily obtainable at Walmart.

Good choice, also read somewhere that liquid wax is better than paste in that paste wax leaves more residue behind than liquid and will stain your black trim, as for performance it's a toss up.
cheers3.gif

Paste is always better, if you're looking at performance. Liquid wax is just a watered down version of the paste using surfactants, solvents, etc. Now a high quality liquid may perform better than junk paste....but most wax companies make liquid wax because their customers complain about how hard it is to use paste. So, when comparing company X's paste vs. liquid...the paste will always outperform.

If I was you, I'd get away from wax all together and just use RejeX. It's a polymer sealant.

If you use it, you need to wash your car really well with Dawn soap/Simple Green first to get rid of all wax. Then apply 2 coats of RejeX with 12 hour cure time inbetween. It wipes on and buffs off really, really easy. If you do your wheels, brake dust will never stick again.

It will make the car shiny like wax, but not quite have the same "depth" that a good wax will give you. Some guys put a coat or two of good paste wax ONTOP of Rejex to give them that deep/wet look. But when it comes time to recoat with Rejex (in 6-10 months), you'll have to strip the wax off again and start all over.

With all the stripes on my conversion van I now use nothing but spray wax, no buildup between the stripes. It used to take forever to get all that out, now just zip around and done. I may need to do it a little more often but I don't mind.

Have some experience with Collinite, seems decent in that respect. Have a lot of experience with P21S 100% Carnauba Wax, it's buttery and very forgiving. I recommend it without hesitation. But as another said, a good spray wax might accomplish your goal, although it may sacrifice a little bit of shine and durability.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Originally Posted By: randomhero439
Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax is easily obtainable at Walmart.

Good choice, also read somewhere that liquid wax is better than paste in that paste wax leaves more residue behind than liquid and will stain your black trim, as for performance it's a toss up.
cheers3.gif

+1, I use this regularly now on Dark Cars, no white residue and doesnt stain black trim (best to mask off just in case) On lighter color cars I like Mothers Synwax but it does leave a white residue on dark cars even if you are careful

Wolfgang Fuzion. Its not an inexpensive choice, but easily available from Amazon . Goes on clear, a little goes a long way, I usually do one light swipe of the pad over wax per panel ( hood and roof of the car take 2 swipes ). Ive done 2 cars and have barely made a dent. Durability of 2+ months if washed regularly and topped off with a quality quick detailer. Im tired of getting OTC waxes and having to redo all the time. Col 845 is excellent low cost option as well. Collinite for durability , Fuzion for looks+durability. And NO white residue on the trim.

Klasse All-in-one works great. You can wipe it on everything and it won't stain and it's really easy to wipe off. It takes very little to do a whole car so if you buy a bottle you'll be using it for a long time.

If you wana stick with Meguiar's i would use the Ultimate wax on a lighter car, and the Gold Class wax on a dark car. Or you can check out M26 wax.

My favorite wax on a dark car is either HD Poxy or Pinnacle Souveran paste. I use the Ultimate on light cars

Source: Im a semi-profession detailer during the summer.

Thanks for the suggestions - my car is a grey Hyundai ...Of the above choices I believe the Ultimate Liquid will be the first I try .

Last edited:
Blackfire Crystal Seal delivers the depth and shine of a carnauba (but without the oily look) and about 2 months of durability. The application process is similar to a spray wax, but the durability is far superior. There is no staining of trim at all.

Klasse sealant wipes off the black plastic and seems to leave not marks. I use the all in one , then the sealant. Its not cheap though.

Duragloss, Collinite, Zanino, and Klasse leave no residue, and they all last longer than any of the store brands...

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Blackfire Crystal Seal delivers the depth and shine of a carnauba (but without the oily look) and about 2 months of durability. The application process is similar to a spray wax, but the durability is far superior. There is no staining of trim at all.

Best suggestion here. It is a superb product and using it could not get any easier. The look is exceptional and you use so little that 4oz will last you for years.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
which Duragloss? 501 is blue in color and it don't think it dries clearn.

I use the 105 and I know it doesn't leave any residue...

The Blackfire Crystal looks like an interesting product ! A couple of questions : Although my car is in good shape , would it be better to clay bar the surface first ? Also , how long does the protection of Black Crystal last once applied ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back