Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 vs Edge Syntec 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wolf_06
For a Cruze non turbo, 50/50 city and highway, oci 8 to 10 000 km.

Pennzoil is 26.99 at CT for a 5L jug.

I am leaning toward PP.

I'm a sopus fan myself however if they cost the same you can't go wrong with either HOWEVER I don't know if castrol will go that mileage however I know pennzoil can.
And its kms so that's equal to 6000 miles. Heck PYB could go that distance.

PP will win the vote of 99% of the members on this forum but my vote is Castrol. Lastest PQIA testing shows castrol edge spt to be a good choice

My buddy runs PP in his non-turbo Cruze for 11k miles usually. It's a fantastic product no matter what it's used in. My other friend runs PP for 10k in his Lexus RX330.

Looks like more people like Castrol on this website than originally thought... including me.

I would go with the Castrol. I have used the black bottle three times now in My Mustang, and twice have used the Pennzoil synthetic. My Stang seems quieter with the Castrol.

I have gotten good UOA's in every vehicle I've ever tried PP in, including 12k in my dad's Cadillac and 7.5k in my Explorer.

PP all day. Any company (Castrol in this case) that has OK for spec info and a pour point that is only -27f for a 5w30 is selling a name and not a quality oil.
If any other company had a PDS like that it would be quickly labeled as swill but Castrol somehow gets it over on this board.

Castrol is one of my favorite oils in Germany even better than M1 but i wouldn't put it in my lawnmower in the US. I would take Super Tech or a cheap house brand over this stuff.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2798558

Wolf_06,
Not sure how cold it's gets in Canada, but the only 0W-30 oil Dexos approved that's available is Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy.

Also look at Advanced Auto, they have Purolator oil filters and air filters for the Cruze. Coupons exist, and $75 gets you free shipping in the US...

The Purolator cartridge filters seem to be better made than the Frams, thicker and fuzzier....

Wolf, I think you'll see more consistent and lower rollbacks on the PP than you will the Syntec. As you're well aware, GTX is always on sale somewhere, but Syntec never seems to go as cheap as PP does, be it at WM, Partsource, or CT.

Edge (black bottle), PP and M1 are the same price at my local Walmart for a few bucks more M1 EP, PU and edge w/ti are priced the same also. So if u plan on buying at Walmart review the uoa section of the forum and base your choice on research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back