Febi Mineral Green + CHF 11s for VW MK4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2000 Golf with a PS leak and I'm not sure what brand of Ps fluid was in the reservoir, thing is all I had on me at the time was CHF 11s to top it up on the way home. I'm planning on fixing the hose leak this week. My local euro parts store has both the Febi and CHF 11s mineral green. The Febi is cheaper, I just wanted to know if they can be mixed or should I drain the whole system and only use one. Guy at the parts counter didn't know.

thanks

Last edited:
If it is Febi 06161 it is an exact match to the OEM Pentosin CHF 11s which is a synthetic, hydraulic oil.

Any other part number on the bottle..DO NOT USE IT!

They make several PS fluids the one you want for your Golf 4 is the
O6161. It is a green colored round bottle.

Last edited:
Febi was oe fluid for my mb w140 which called for chf11s. So you should be fine. And there is some equivalent made for porsche, which is surprisingly enen cheaper than Febi. Don't remember the name.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
They make several PS fluids the one you want for your Golf 4 is the O6161. It is a green colored round bottle.

Antiqueshell is right. Given the vintage of your VW, that's the one you'll want. Even my 1991 Audi 200 took that stuff. All I ever used was the Febi, Pentosin, or the VW/Audi labelled stuff. Ironically, the dealership had the best price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back