Shell carrier stock mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experiences or recommendations for a stock mounted 12ga shell carrier? Currently have an Allen brand elastic holder but looking for something a little nicer. Found the one on amazon with good price and reviews bit open to other options, too.

I use the Tacstar Sidesaddle and have no complaints.
Just re-read, you said stock mounted.

Last edited:
Found the ATI mount at a local store today, certainly doesn't feel cheap or brittle. Seems fairly strong with good "give" to it, so I ordered one off amazon... We'll just have to see how it works out.

if it was at Dunham's why didn't you buy it there with the 30% off coupon that is plentiful on the internet?

Just installed the ATI shell holder yesterday and first impression is good. Its nice and pliable and install was very easy. Holds to 12ga shells TIGHT, definately wont need the two middle screws to "tighten it up" assuggested in directions.

I ordered this one off Amazon a few days ago and put it on yesterday. It fits nice and snug and the shells go in no problem while yet holds them securely. I can't see this buttstock moving at all from recoil...it is rubberized inside. However I doubt though the threads and sewing will last forever on the loops but then again no nylon buttstocks will. For less than $15 it isn't a big deal to replace it every few years or whenever needed. It holds 5 shells which I think balances out the weight of the gun nicely.

Uncle Mike's Buttstock

Last edited:
I've kept an elastic sleeve/cuff(Allen, I think) on my Maverick house gun for years now. It must be good elastic, still grips stock and shells snugly. Lessee- 7 in the magazine, + 1 in the chamber, + 5 on the stock- yeah, that oughta be plenty.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back